Light weight check for user logged in for caching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light weight check for user logged in for caching

I have custom pages outside of Vbulletin I want create a cache for, IO dont see any caching system for VB that does this already so I want to check for users logged in, then check Geo from cloudflare then present generate page, store in DB then display, the next time that comes up just display the stored page. Is it possible to check for user logged in before loading global.php? as I do not need all the pre-loaded items.

thanks
    Chris

In vBulletin 4.X? I do not know of a way. You initialize vBulletin 4 in an external file by including global.php.

In vBulletin 5, you can call and initialize the applicationLight API to do things before you call the full API.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thats what i thought, thanks for the update just wish i could migrate to vb5 but custom templates just don't function

Comment

Originally posted by Ctrenks View Post
        Thats what i thought, thanks for the update just wish i could migrate to vb5 but custom templates just don't function
        They never will and were never intended to, just to clarify. vB5 is a completely different product with different code, styles and templates.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Yeah its a shame so many sites got left behind, but lesson learned never build on top of something

Comment

Originally posted by Ctrenks View Post
            Yeah its a shame so many sites got left behind, but lesson learned never build on top of something
            I am looking at your site and it would be easy to convert your existing style to vBulletin 5. I don't even think you need to edit any of the default templates. For most of it you would use the style variables and some custom CSS here and there. For your custom forum icons, you can upload them right from the AdminCP for your forums.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I never figured out how to add the non forum pages, ie homepages ext to the new system with meta values ext..

Comment

The only Meta value worth anything today is the description tag and you can add that to any custom page in vBulletin 5 when you save the page. Other meta tags have been abandoned due to SEO Abuse.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I have one template that I use to generate 80K plus pages, could not make that work on vb5, and title is the single most important meta value, plus i insert other meta values in for scema ext. If I thought i could do it i would start working on it as all may code is really one page on top of the forum.

Comment

The title tag is there. It will use the title of the page/channel/topic. Schema meta tags are added automatically. Opengraph Metatags are added automatically.

Anything that could be done in vBulletin 4, can be done in vBulletin 5. There is a new API though so any PHP code you have written would have to be reworked.

Wayne Luke

Comment

somthing i may revisit,I know i had an major issue with my homepage not being the forum, and the vbulletin software installed into a folder as it is in vb4.

Comment