Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KempLa
    replied
    I still do not understand how someone can show up when you "search all users" in the admin control panel. They show with all their info.But are absent from the front stat showing all users and new users. It is like they are hiding. When I register multiple accounts they always show up on the front page. Eh it is not that big of deal for my site that is very tiny but if somebody can hide their registration on a larger site that cold let spammers in.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    They will only show once they verify their email address and/or are approved through user moderation. Once this happens, they will be moved to the Registered Usergroup. This is by design and does not have options to change in vBulletin 4.X.

If you add users in the AdminCP or approve them, they will be in the registered usergroup. This is not indicative of any kind of vulnerability.

Leave a comment:

• KempLa
    replied
    Well, people have been added to the user list. I get not notification that they have registered. The stats on the front page do not increment but yet there they are.
    Threads 8 Posts 17 Members 4 Active Members 2
    I have registered a couple fake account and they always show up. Always. I think there is a vulnerability
    Click image for larger version  Name:	members.JPG Views:	0 Size:	6.9 KB ID:	4444189

that has been found to hide the fact someone has registered. This would be huge for the spamming community. I am not sure where my first pics went to. I can repost because they keep showing up.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    As far as I am aware, users must be in the "Registered" usergroup to show as a new member. So if they do not verify their email address or you are moderating new users and not approving them, they won't appear.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Your screenshots are not showing so it's impossible to advise. The feature you mention is not broken, however.

Leave a comment:

• KempLa
    started a topic People are registering but not showing on front page

People are registering but not showing on front page

How does someone register and not show up on the front page stats? The 2 in question are not the only ones the only ones. This is a site for my coworkers. All the "hidden" registrations were from out of country. How do they circumvent this? How do I fix this?