Preview new thread blank page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Preview new thread blank page

Hello, when I create a new thread, if I try to preview it, the page is left blank and if I go back in the browser, the text fills with bbcodes without it being there.

How can i fix this?

I have disabled all plugins in the cpanel and in htaccess and the same is still happening.

I have uploaded all the original files.

Note: if I publish directly without pressing preview, everything is fine, if there is no solution, how can I disable the preview button?

Thank you.

Steps 1, 2 and 3

Click image for larger version  Name:	paso-1.png Views:	0 Size:	31.2 KB ID:	4441045Click image for larger version  Name:	paso-2.png Views:	0 Size:	3.9 KB ID:	4441047Click image for larger version  Name:	paso-3.png Views:	0 Size:	46.7 KB ID:	4441046

Step 4: Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

find 3000 lines with the same problem:

PHP Warning: array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, string given in ..../admincp/diagnostic.php on line 410

PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ..../admincp/diagnostic.php on line 410

And it tells me that the original files I just uploaded via ftp are not from vbulletin

Click image for larger version  Name:	paso-4.png Views:	2 Size:	55.9 KB ID:	4441049

The tests are done in a new template without a parent.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by xony; Thu 21 May '20, 2:42am.

I disabled zlib.output_compression in php.ini, and the preview works but then errors appear in the Hispanic characters as accents

Click image for larger version

Name:	step-.png
Views:	60
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	4441051

Comment

What version of PHP are you using?
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I have been using 7.0 for a long time, today I have also tried 7.3 and 5.6 in case that solved the problem, but the same thing happens.

Comment

Several Issues here:

1 - A Blank page is indicative of a PHP error. These would be logged in the PHP error log specified by the ini file. You may be able to view the error if you put vBulletin in Debug Mode. You do this in vBulletin 4.X by adding the following code to your /includes/config.php file:

$config['Misc']['debug'] = true;

You can place this anywhere in the file as log as it is on its own line and after <?php.

2 - vBulletin 4.X isn't warning or notice clean. They should be reported in the same error file but are generally not going to affect the overall operation of the software. It seems that your diagnostics aren't working properly. Make sure that your md5_sums_vbulletin.php file is from your current version and license. Each license has unique files.

3 - vBulletin 4.2.5 will not work with PHP 7.3. That will just make things worse. A big issue is that vBulletin 4.X does not support actually UTF-8. It will try to convert any UTF-8 characters to HTML Entities. The blocks you're seeing are shown when the browser doesn't understand what the character should be. In vBulletin 5, we would have you convert to UTF-8 and use a proper locale to support these characters. Unfortuantely, we really don't have a solution for vBulletin 4.X. You can try using UTF-8 as your HTML character set instead of ISO-8859-1. ISO-8859-1 is not only outdated but a very limited subset of UTF-8. You can change the HTML character set under Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager. Edit your language to change it.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thanks Wayne, I'm going to work on what you've told me and see if I can fix it.

Thank you.

Comment

It seems that I have been able to solve part of the problems, the preview issue is already solved, I share the configuration in case it happens to someone else.

First, when you have MultiPHP INI Editor installed in Cpanel, you have to make the modifications from the Cpanel, never directly in the php.ini and user.ini files.

In the Cpanel I leave activated zlib.output_compression = On
              And in the htaccess I put this line in the header:

Code:
              <? php
              ini_set ('zlib.output_compression', 0);
              With those changes the preview is working for me including accents, Ñ and other characters in Spanish ...

2 - vBulletin 4.X isn't warning or notice clean. They should be reported in the same error file but are generally not going to affect the overall operation of the software. It seems that your diagnostics aren't working properly. Make sure that your md5_sums_vbulletin.php file is from your current version and license. Each license has unique files.
              He thought, I have:
              A VB3 forum license
              A VB4 only forum license
              A forum + CMS + Mobile VB4 license
              A VB5 forum license
              And I have checked the file includes / md5_sums_vbulletin.php and it corresponds to the license with forum + CMS + Mobile VB4, which is the correct one.

Could it be something else?

// vbulletinsuite 4.2.5, XXXXXXXX, 04:16:07, Date XXX

Thanks.

Comment

Yeah. I said it could be an improper file from an addon that is causing the array to break and the suspect file system to fail.

Wayne Luke

Comment