Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Help! Migration wierdness!!

Hi all,

I just carried out a migration to a new host, all has gone well except it seems some elements were lost along the way, somehow?

I'm baffled, it should look like this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	notborked.png
Views:	50
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	4439623
    but it looks like this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	borked.png
Views:	37
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	4439624
    missing the labels "Threads" and "Posts", but also the poster's name? That's odd!!
    A few other bits seem to be absent too throughout thie site, but,
    The site is working 😀, i can log in, access admioncp, post a new post...

what on earth is going on? I'd really appreciate some help

(one thing to mention is that the domain name propagation seems a bit sluggish, some users don't see the site yet, after we changed DNS to point at the new host)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

also I notice that a lot of the admincp items sidebar menu items look like this:
    *[style_generator]*
    *[unsubscribe]*

Comment

Seems like it's fixed itself now, the hosts borked something on the DNS change, it seems
      Panic over!
      That was a wierd and exotic bug though, it seems like there is a setting buried somewhere that ensures that the forum is wonky like this if it's not at its domain. despite searching eveywhere (admincp, files, database) i was not able to find it

so glad to have been able to share it with you all here in this quiet and lonely place

Comment

I'd still appreciate any advice on how to avoid this hapening again, as i will probably be moving again soon x

Comment

It's impossible to state what caused it. If it 'fixed itself' then it is something related to the server.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.1 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X