Ads in Threads & Ad Manager Ad Locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ads in Threads & Ad Manager Ad Locations

For quite some time I've had difficulty getting advertisements within threads to work. I have tried using both the Ad Manager & "Search in Templates"...then adding advertising code directly to the vBulletin templates themselves.

As far as I can tell...there are 6 locations for ads within threads...I can only get 2 of them to work (show ads):

* ad_showthread_firstpost_sig
    * ad_showthread_firstpost_start

These 4 ad locations I cannot get to work (show ads):

ad_showthread_beforeqr
    ad_showthread_firstpost
    ad_thread_first_post_content
    ad_thread_last_post_content

I know the ad codes being used are working properly...since the exact same ad code works fine in many of the other vBulletin ad locations.

Additionally...when working with the Ad Manager & clicking on the "Add New Ad" button...here's what the complete Ad location list looks like (within the Ad Manager):

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ad Manager.png Views:	0 Size:	41.9 KB ID:	4439215

As can be seen...there are 18 possible Ad locations via the Ad Manager.

But if I use the "Search in Templates" function in the AdminCP...as far as I can tell there are a total of 29 possible ad locations:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Search Templates 1.png Views:	0 Size:	29.7 KB ID:	4439216
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Search Templates 2.png Views:	0 Size:	10.8 KB ID:	4439217

I have 2 main questions:

1. I only seem to be able to get 2 of the 6 within-thread ad locations to work (both are within the first thread post)...any ideas why the other 4 aren't working?

2. Ad Manager shows a total of 18 possible ad locations..."Search in Templates" shows a total of 29 possible ad locations. What's causing the difference..and can this be corrected so that the Ad Manager shows them all?

Thanks

Are you sure that you didn't have add-ons that provided new ad locations in the past?

Looking at a default vBulletin 4, I see two ad locations in threads. One in the first post and one in the last post. Ad locations could have been added by third-party addons and are simply templates that be created in the system and shown at the location. These templates could remain in the system even if the addon is removed or no longer functional. They are really just blocks of text stored in the database.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Hello Wayne Luke,

Are you saying that in image #1 above...the 18 Ad locations listed (via the Ad Manager) are the total default vBulletin 4 locations...and anything beyond these 18 would likely have been added via some other method?

If I'm having problems getting "In Thread" ads to show up...which template or templates should I look at to correct things?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X