Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need very basic video tutorials for new members to watch (youtube?) so they can learn how to navigate and post, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need very basic video tutorials for new members to watch (youtube?) so they can learn how to navigate and post, etc

I need very basic Vbulletin 4 video tutorials for new members to watch (youtube?) so they can learn how to navigate and post, etc. We have lost members because they were hoping for a tutorial aimed at forum member participation, and not tutorials directed to installations or forum design.

It's been 20 years since we have been using vBulletin. Many members figure out how to navigate the forums, search for threads, post a new thread or reply to one, or somehow figure out how to get around a forum. But most members who cannot learn, just end up going less active.

I'd like to be able to provide our new members (and less active) with video (or youtube) links that cover some of the following subjects:
    1. How to register for the forum
    2. How to sign into the forum
    3. How to check your subscriptions
    4. How to see your forum profile
    5. How to navigate to both main forums and sub forums
    6. How to use basic search and advance search
    7. How to see the most recent active threads
    8. How to post a reply in a thread
    9. How to author a New Thread and where it should be posted
    10. How to quote someone in a thread
    11. How to multi-quote replies in a thread
    12. How to turn on or turn off your signature
    13. Where to go to ask a moderator a question
    14. How to use the official Contact Us link
    15. What is a Sticky
    16. How to report an inappropriate comment
    These are but a few I have seen asked by forum members or potential members for 20 years. Is there any hope of locating videos to provide foiks?

PS: I would even consider using VBulletin 3 video tutorials, as most of the basics in both 3 and 4 are the same for the member.

DAVID COPELAND
    Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
    Celebrating 20 Years with VB

We don't have these available. The only videos we have created are targeted towards site administrators.

You could create them for your specific site using software like SnagIt.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X