Forbidden Error in Forum Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forbidden Error in Forum Manager

I'm receiving the following error when I try to edit forums in the Forum Manager:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I can add new forums, but when I edit and save an existing forum, that error pops up every time.

I can edit users and seemingly do everything else in the AdminCP without issues. I'm sure there must be an easy fix, but nothing has worked so far. Running vB 4.2.5.

Any help is appreciated!
    Last edited by aly78; Mon 3rd Feb '20, 5:05am.

This is a server error, rather than a vBulletin error.

Most likely there will be some sort of server security software running that is flagging up something on that page.

If you speak to your host and tell them the page you're trying to load, they should be able to identify the rule that is being triggered and amend or remove it.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.0 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thank you so much for your help! Do you know how exactly I give them the page? Do I need to give them admin access to vB? When I'm editing a forum in AdminCP, it doesn't give a specific URL I can point them to.

I did notice that it's not all forums I'm not able to edit, just a select few that are producing the error.

Comment