replied
    In vBulletin 4.X, you should be able to do something like this:

Code:
     <vb:if condition="$show['member'] AND $post['signature']">

Leave a comment:

• 1kether1
    replied
    Originally posted by dan.chesin View Post
    1kether1 , not sure why it is not working. I already have those settings in place - makes no difference. Appreciate your attempt, hopefully you and/or others are able to help me pinpoint a solution. Thanks
    I'm not sure what else it could be, Dan. I'm sorry I wasn't able to help you. If I think of something else, I'll post it here. Be sure to clear your browser cache after you log out of the forum to look at the site as a guest. Maybe, that is the issue? Make the page load fresh and not use any cached copy. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• dan.chesin
    replied
    1kether1 , not sure why it is not working. I already have those settings in place - makes no difference. Appreciate your attempt, hopefully you and/or others are able to help me pinpoint a solution. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• 1kether1
    replied
    dan.chesin I don't know, dude. It is working on my site. I copied the code directly from my postbit template. This edit will only work on the style you edit the template in, so if you are looking at your site in a different style from the one where you made the edit, you would need to edit that other style's template as well. The only other thing I can think is you have a permission set for Guests to be able to see signatures in the permissions area. That would likely override this template edit. Look here: Admincp >> Usergroups>>Usergroup Manager>>Unregistered / Not Logged in - scroll down to "Signature Permissions" and make sure that "Can Use Signatures" is set to NO. Be sure to save if you make a change here. Let me know...
    K

Leave a comment:

• dan.chesin
    replied
    1kether1, no still not working.

Here is what I have:

Code:
    </vb:if>
                {vb:raw template_hook.postbit_signature_start}    
                <vb:if condition="$post['isfirstshown']">
                    {vb:raw ad_location.ad_showthread_firstpost_sig}
                <vb:if condition="$post['signature']">
                    <blockquote class="signature restore"><div class="signaturecontainer">{vb:raw post.signature}</div></blockquote>
    <vb:if condition="$show['member']">
                    <blockquote class="signature restore"><div class="signaturecontainer">{vb:raw post.signature}</div></blockquote>
                </vb:if></vb:if>
                {vb:raw template_hook.postbit_signature_end}
            </div>
        </div>

Leave a comment:

• 1kether1
    replied
    Does not work in postbit 1kether1
    Hey Dan,

Maybe you placed it in the wrong place? Try this:

FIND:

Code:
    {vb:raw template_hook.postbit_signature_end}

Place this code right above that hook in the postbit template

Code:
    <!-- KETHER HIDE SIGNATURE FROM GUEST START -->
    <!-- KETHER HIDE SIGNATURE FROM GUEST END -->
    This you probably realize, but when I get busy coding I have about ten different windows open. When you test this, you must either log out of your forum so that you are browsing as a guest or open a different browser and take a look at your forum. This should work. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• dan.chesin
    replied
    Does not work in postbit 1kether1

Leave a comment:

• 1kether1
    replied
    Can I hide signatures from guests through editing of postbit or postbit_legacy? Vbulletin 4.2.5. I'd prefer to find a way to edit the code as opposed to adding a plugin/mod.
    Hmm.. seems you would do something like this in the postbit
    Code:
    regards,
    K

Leave a comment:

• dan.chesin
    started a topic How to hide signatures from Guests

How to hide signatures from Guests

Can I hide signatures from guests through editing of postbit or postbit_legacy? Vbulletin 4.2.5. I'd prefer to find a way to edit the code as opposed to adding a plugin/mod.