Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which cronjob empties the session mysql table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Which cronjob empties the session mysql table?

Because it happens to me in vbulletin 4.2.5 that the session table is full and vbulletin reports mysql error via e-mail. So please which cron task does it and how to run that task manually and see exact output of it to verify it really empty the table?
    vBulletin hosting from $0.5 monthly

those seems enabled.
    session table was full again, but i think only temporarily and then vbulletin solved it possibly, 8107 lines in table.
    Should i run any cronjob more frequently? how frequently and which? Or how to create new job that will empty just session table? Or how to increase its size?
    Last edited by postcd; Sat 23rd Nov '19, 6:25am.

Comment

2 weeks larer, again full and again 8107 lines... it is strange why it contains so many lines while my active user count is way below that value (tens of users daily).
      footer template contains "{vb:raw cronimage}"
      True that i possibly do not have any automatic logging-out period and i want it that way. Though unsure if i am not confusing it with different CMS (phpbb).

Last edited by postcd; Wed 4th Dec '19, 7:27am.

Comment

What do you have your Wait Timeout set to? It should be 1800 seconds or less for the best performance. If users want to remain logged in, they should use the Remember Me option. This will store the cookies on their computer for a longer period and has no relation on the session table.

You can also try converting the session table from MEMORY to INNODB to prevent this error. MEMORY will be more limited.

You can empty the table with this query: truncate table session;. This won't affect users who have checked "Remember Me" when logging in.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thank You for a helpful reply.
          My session timeout (AdminCP > Settings > Options > "Cookies and HTTP header options") was set to 36 hours.. now i decreased it to 1800 seconds as suggested.
          Also my hosting provider told me "I've increased our MEMORY table limit (it was at default, nothing to do with us restricting)."
          So let's see what will happen now.. If it will not work, i would be interested on how i can run that mysql table truncate query periodically via cron.

Comment

You would need custom coding to run a query via vBulletin's Scheduled Task system.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Someone having the same issue as me!! Finally!
              It's been like this since October... Everyone keeps saying that the issue must be with my host, but..

Anyway, I wanted to share this image. You can see that there is an issue with scheduled tasks. The date for "Next Time" on ALL tasks has passed. It won't update.

Also, since it was mentioned to me before, I have always had a INNODB table, not a MEMORY one.
              Attached Files

Comment

Okay, now realising the "Next Time" date issue, I was able to locate a past thread with a similar question (but no mention of the vb_session table filling). I don't know if you are having this specific issue as well, but I did something mentioned in the thread.

Here is what I did (by chance) and now the dates on the Cron jobs have been updated..I disabled then enabled the jobs one by one. The dates are now ok.
                This has updated to sensible dates.
                Only time will tell now if it also fixes the vb_session issue....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X