Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You should replace all of your vBulletin files with those from a fresh download.

Then you should consult with your hosting provider to make sure that all files are not writable by the web server.

Since you're using vBulletin 4.2.5, you will need to go through these steps here:
    https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...ring-your-site

Leave a comment:

• Kirkus
    replied
    After a day of much Googling, I discovered that the file yuiloader-dom-event.js had somehow been accessed and encrypted code added to the end of it. I discovered this by running the Suspect File Versions routine in the Admin Center. It flagged that file. I replaced that file with an original and things seem to be back to normal. I have several 3rd-party add-ons, all of which were disabled immediately upon discovering the hacking, and I'm debating whether or not to reenable them one at a time to see if I can find the security hole. Or I may just not use 3rd party add-ons any longer.

Leave a comment:

• Kirkus
    started a topic [Forum] Forum links redirect to spam

Forum links redirect to spam

Starting earlier today, something has happened that causes all links in my 4.2.5 forum to automatically redirect to spam, most located at the domain "lp(dot)searchmulty(dot)com."

My server host ran a malware/virus scan this evening and nothing was found. I looked through the files, sorted by most recent date, and can't find anything obvious.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm at a loss.