Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Move thread and copy thread destination forum drop down empty

Hi,

for some reason when I try to move a thread or copy a thread the destination forum drop down is empty. There should be lots of forums listed there.

I am on vB 4.2.5, PHP 5.6.40, MySQL 5.7.27

I tried to: disable all plugins, cloudflare, enable debug mode, cleared system cache, optimize&repair mysql tables, Rebuild forum information, reloaded page Ctrl+F5 but no change.
    Debug mode on the page (/postings.php) where one should select destination forum for the thread says on the bottom:
    (unspecified) fetch_permissions(63, 1, 6); -> cached fperms for forum 63

Interesting is that other two vB forums (only diff. version - 4.1.10 & 4.2.0) running on same server and php, mysql versions are not affected by the empty destination forum dropdown.

Can you please help me what to check?
    vBulletin hosting from $0.5 monthly

See: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...23#post4425123
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

No, that not helped. I just checked that and my vB 4.2.5 option template had the content recommended in yours linked post, but the issue happens. I read someone suggested trying to do the upgrade again (to same version?), but i do not know if there are other options or if i can also downgrade from 4.2.5 to 4.2.x which worked previously. Or what are things you recommend to check please?

Comment

You cannot downgrade vBulletin, no.

Have you made sure that you have checked the template for the style your site actually uses?

This change needs to be on every style.

Note that vBulletin 4 is end of life, so there are limits to what we can do. However this change works on a default installation.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

If you run the upgrade a second time, the only thing that will be accomplished is that the Master Style and Master Language will be replaced with the defaults.

Make sure that you have nothing listed in Find Updated Templates. If you do, you should revert those templates or manually apply the differences to your custom templates.

Wayne Luke

Comment

@Mark.B
            Have you made sure that you have checked the template for the style your site actually uses?
            No, please explain in detail what and where to check, i have no clue what and where to do.

@Wayne Luke @Mark.B
            Make sure that you have nothing listed in Find Updated Templates

It says "All templates are up-to-date."
            I tried to Styles & Templates > [Add New Style] ; revert this style templates (drop down menu item near the style) ; set this style for my user account, Ctr+F5, but still move topic drop down menu for selecting destination forum is empty (as described in first post).

Comment

Without access to the site, I don't know why this is happening.

Wayne Luke

Comment