Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Registration email suddenly stopped working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Registration email suddenly stopped working.

When users register, they are not receiving the activation link. This just suddenly happened. I did not change anything, althought there might have been a Cpanel/WHM update recently.

Using the AdminCP>Maintenance>Diagnostics feature does not return any errors. I tried several different test emails. Also, tried to register with a few test accounts. No activation links work. Lost password feature doesn't work as well. I am using the internal PHP mail function option. (not my own STMP server).

Anyone have any ideas how to solve this issue? Again, it just started to happen without myself changing a single thing on my server.

Originally posted by dan325ci View Post
    When users register, they are not receiving the activation link. This just suddenly happened. I did not change anything, althought there might have been a Cpanel/WHM update recently.

Using the AdminCP>Maintenance>Diagnostics feature does not return any errors. I tried several different test emails. Also, tried to register with a few test accounts. No activation links work. Lost password feature doesn't work as well. I am using the internal PHP mail function option. (not my own STMP server).

Anyone have any ideas how to solve this issue? Again, it just started to happen without myself changing a single thing on my server.
    This is something your host will need to investigate.

Nothing stops working for no reason, so something has changed on the server.

Also, make sure you are running vBulletin 4.25 and either php 5.6 or php 7.1. No other version of php will work.

MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

This is something your host will need to investigate.

Nothing stops working for no reason, so something has changed on the server.

Also, make sure you are running vBulletin 4.25 and either php 5.6 or php 7.1. No other version of php will work.
      Unfortunately, we have a self managed server. I don't think our host would have changed anything, so it is definitely something that changed on our server. However, the only thing that happened was a Cpanel/WHM update, but i certainly have not changed any settings.

We are using PHP 7.1

This started happening a couple days ago. Is there other areas you can advise to have a look at?

Comment

Consider also that for some mail servers the recipient server defers these types of emails, temporarily sometimes - doesn't let them get through. Consider that possibility too.

Comment

What is the result of the email diagnostic? Maintenance -> Diagnostics.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X