• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error log file

Hello

Get this on my server - maybe 10 lines every day

Code:
    [25-Sep-2019 05:43:07 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  A non-numeric value encountered in /home/user/public_html/vb4/includes/class_core.php on line 2540
    have vb 4.2.5 and php 7.1.32

some help?

regards

bosss

my lines 2538-2549 in class_core.php are

Code:
    case TYPE_INT:    $data = intval($data);                                   break;
                case TYPE_UINT:   $data = ($data = intval($data)) < 0 ? 0 : $data;         break;
                case TYPE_NUM:    $data = strval($data) + 0;                               break;
                case TYPE_UNUM:   $data = strval($data) + 0;
                                  $data = ($data < 0) ? 0 : $data;                         break;
                case TYPE_BINARY: $data = strval($data);                                   break;
                case TYPE_STR:    $data = trim(strval($data));                             break;
                case TYPE_NOTRIM: $data = strval($data);                                   break;
                case TYPE_NOHTML: $data = htmlspecialchars_uni(trim(strval($data)));       break;
                case TYPE_BOOL:   $data = in_array(strtolower($data), $booltypes) ? 1 : 0; break;
                case TYPE_ARRAY:  $data = (is_array($data)) ? $data : array();             break;
                case TYPE_NOHTMLCOND:
    Welcome to Libar

I have a similar problem in:

PHP Code:
    [26-Sep-2019 02:51:12 Europe/IstanbulPHP Warning:  A non-numeric value encountered in /includes/class_postbit.php on line 1047 

vB4.2.5
    PHP 7.1.32

The lines (1043 - 1051):

PHP Code:
                (

$this->thread['open'] AND

$this->post['userid'] == $this->registry->userinfo['userid'] AND
                    (
    $forumperms $this->registry->bf_ugp_forumpermissions['caneditpost']) AND
                    (    
    $this->post['dateline'] >= (TIMENOW - ($this->registry->options['edittimelimit'] * 60)) OR

$this->registry->options['edittimelimit'] == 0

)
                ))
            ) 
    Last edited by blue7; Wed 25th Sep '19, 4:04pm.

Comment

Maybe someone can help us
      Welcome to Libar

Comment

Originally posted by bosss View Post
        Maybe someone can help us

I hope so, after they released vb5 this section just became a ghost town.
        Last edited by blue7; Thu 26th Sep '19, 6:59am.

Comment

You have a non-numeric value stored in a setting, user option, or other variable when it should be numeric. It is impossible for us to know which one that might be. If you want to fix it, you'll have to go through every setting and option in the AdminCP and user records to see where the value might be.

This is a simple warning and should have no impact on the operation of your forum.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            You have a non-numeric value stored in a setting, user option, or other variable when it should be numeric. It is impossible for us to know which one that might be. If you want to fix it, you'll have to go through every setting and option in the AdminCP and user records to see where the value might be.

This is a simple warning and should have no impact on the operation of your forum.
            Is there any way to ignore these warnings? like put a code to related file and stop it make warnings or ignore it? Cause it creates a lot of logs.

Comment

You can adjust the level of error reporting in your php.ini file or using the error_reporting() function.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Thank you Wayne.

Comment

Thanks Wayne. Can live with that - for me is mission impossible!
                  Welcome to Libar

Comment

Fixed problem - with toolsp.php - repair all settings and now no errors in log file!

Welcome to Libar

Comment