• Show
Clear All

• Fungsten
    replied
    Whoa. Interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Actually very serious. Personally, I wouldn't use the IP Address banning in the software.

Leave a comment:

• Fungsten
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    You have-

You need:

Put spaces around an * and you have just banned every single IP Address in the known universe, including your own.
    Lol. Thank you! Wait a minute! Are you serious about banning my own IP? Nah!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You have-
    5.45.76.*
    5.199.130.*
    You need:
    5.45.76.* 5.199.130.* 23.83.179.30 23.95.97.78 23.129.64.194 37.72.188.58
    Put spaces around an * and you have just banned every single IP Address in the known universe, including your own.

Leave a comment:

• Fungsten
    replied
    Removing the Asterisks applies to the EMAIL ADDRESS. I didn't mention removing Asterisks for the IP ADDRESSES.
    So, take out the asterisks from the email addresses only. Lol.

An IP Fragment is 5.45.76.*. There needs to be a space between each one, not a carriage return.
    So it's a space between each number in the fragment or a space between one fragment and the next IP number? Lol. I just have to make sure. Lol.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    1. An IP Fragment is 5.45.76.*. There needs to be a space between each one, not a carriage return.

2. Removing the Asterisks applies to the EMAIL ADDRESS. That is specifically why I quoted the part I did for that answer. I didn't mention removing Asterisks for the IP ADDRESSES.

3. The emails are already getting sent. They are being queued and the default settings sends 10 emails every 10 minutes. Removing the QUEUE sends the emails immediately.

You have asked several different and completely unrelated questions in a single topic. Something we do not encourage. In our experience, this simply leads to confusion among customers.

Leave a comment:

• Fungsten
    replied
    Thank you, Wayne. But, here are some questions.

Make sure there is a space between each IP address fragment.
    So it would be 5. 199. 130. *?

Remove the asterisks.
    Granted, but, why does it say "If you enter a partial IP (243.21.11. or 243.21.11), any IPs that begin with the partial IP will be banned. For example, banning 243.21.11 will prevent 243.21.11.7 from accessing your board. However, 243.21.115.7 would still be able to access your board.[/quote]

Then
    You may also use an '*' as a wildcard for increased flexibility. For example, if you enter 243.21.11*, many IPs will be banned including: 243.21.11.7, 243.21.115.7, 243.21.119.225."
    Why does it say that if you mention that the asterisks should be removed?

The time most likely corresponds to the time it was queued, not sent. You can turn off the Mail Queue in the Email Settings.
    Would the email get sent?

Leave a comment:

• Fungsten
    replied
    Originally posted by djbaxter View Post
    Format should be @zanycabs.com I think
    Thanks dj. The Help section says to put in asterisks. I'll change it and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Fungsten View Post
    Something like these:

5.45.76.*
    5.199.130.*
    Make sure there is a space between each IP address fragment.

Originally posted by Fungsten View Post
    With the email address, if I ban, say, *@*zanycabs.com, "users" can still sign up using that email address.
    Remove the asterisks.

Email queue doesn't send out mail unless I manually send it through Schedule Tasks. Also, the time it was sent does not show up correctly. It's always an earlier time than when it was done. For example, if the email was actually sent at 11:00 AM the time might still show up as, say, 2:00 PM.
    The time most likely corresponds to the time it was queued, not sent. You can turn off the Mail Queue in the Email Settings.

Leave a comment:

• djbaxter
    replied
    Format should be @zanycabs.com I think

Leave a comment:

• Fungsten
    replied
    With the email address, if I ban, say, *@*zanycabs.com, "users" can still sign up using that email address.

Email queue doesn't send out mail unless I manually send it through Schedule Tasks. Also, the time it was sent does not show up correctly. It's always an earlier time than when it was done. For example, if the email was actually sent at 11:00 AM the time might still show up as, say, 2:00 PM.

I'll post other issues later.

Leave a comment:

• Fungsten
    replied
    Something like these:

5.45.76.*
    5.199.130.*

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    What do you have for the value in the IP Banning field?

Leave a comment:

• Fungsten
    replied
    Ok. Got it on the traffic. What about the banning of IP #? Some spammers can still get on the site after there IP is blocked.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    1) What doesn't work? Your complaint doesn't provide any information that would help us solve your problem.
    2) What doesn't work? Your complaint doesn't provide any information that would help us solve your problem.
    3) Scheduled Tasks require constant traffic on your site. Even then, the default settings only send 10 emails at a time. Since it runs every ten minutes when you have traffic, that is 60 emails per hour. If you're using SMTP, or your hosting provider doesn't restrict outgoing emails, you should turn off email queuing under Settings -> Options -> Email Options.

Leave a comment: