Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is latest PHP and MySQL version 4.2.5 can run on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is latest PHP and MySQL version 4.2.5 can run on?

I have look around and could not find this specific question (I'm sure it's been addressed somewhere but I couldn't find it).

What is the latest PhP version and MySQL version that vB 4.2.5 can run on?

vBulletin 4.2.5 requires PHP 5.6.0+ and MySQL 5.5.8+.

There are customers who have reported it working on PHP versions later than 7.1 but that is the official latest working PHP version.

There are customers who have reported it working on SQL versions later than 5.6 but I believe that is the latest supported version.

Comment

Ok, super - thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by In Omnibus View Post
        There are customers who have reported it working on SQL versions later than 5.6 but I believe that is the latest supported version.
        MySQL 8.0 is backwards compatible with the basic SQL used in vBulletin 4.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

• In Omnibus
          In Omnibus commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. I couldn't remember if it was 5.7 or 8.0 that was backwards compatible since I'm not using either version with my vBulletin 4 licenses.

4.2.5 and php 7.1.30 ==> i have problem with paid subscriptions (acces to admin tools, automatical group assignment when granting a paid subscription...)

Error: Call to undefined function set_magic_quotes_runtime() in ..../includes/init.php(357) : eval()'d code(30) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 5

i will downgrade php then

thanks

Comment

Your add-on products and plugins will have to be upgraded to work with PHP 7.1.

Wayne Luke

Comment

• Sylv1
            Sylv1 commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks Luke

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          Your add-on products and plugins will have to be upgraded to work with PHP 7.1.
          I downgraded to 5.6.4 and now, symptom has changed; it only occurs in paid subscription admin tools :
          Software: Apache. PHP/5.6.40

uname -a: Linux webd043.cluster014.gra.hosting.ovh.net 4.14.119-ovh-vps-grsec-zfs-classid #1 SMP Wed
          May 15 10:40:34 CEST 2019 x86_64

uid=210290(userforum) gid=100(users) groups=100(users)

Safe-mode: OFF (not secure)

/home/userforum/www/forum_notrez/ drwx---r-x
          Free 0 B of 0 B (0%)
          do you have idea on what happens?

Comment

The answer is exactly the same. Line 357 of /includes/init.php is:
            Code:
            ($hook = vBulletinHook::fetch_hook('init_startup')) ? eval($hook) : false;
            So a plugin that is installed on the init_startup hook is failing with your version of PHP. Line 30 of the problematic plugin to be precise.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
              The answer is exactly the same. Line 357 of /includes/init.php is:
              Code:
              ($hook = vBulletinHook::fetch_hook('init_startup')) ? eval($hook) : false;
              So a plugin that is installed on the init_startup hook is failing with your version of PHP. Line 30 of the problematic plugin to be precise.
              i have neither product nor module and have refreshed my php files from source.
              + delete pub in header

when php is 5.6; subscription.php goes to screen !C99madShell v. 2.0 madnet edition!
              when php is 7...., subscription.php leads to Error: Call to undefined function set_magic_quotes_runtime() which indeed looks like a compatibility with php 7

but 5.6 should work

is there a missing prerequisite on server?
              all woks fine except subscription

Comment

Originally posted by Sylv1 View Post

i have neither product nor module and have refreshed my php files from source.
                + delete pub in header

when php is 5.6; subscription.php goes to screen !C99madShell v. 2.0 madnet edition!
                when php is 7...., subscription.php leads to Error: Call to undefined function set_magic_quotes_runtime() which indeed looks like a compatibility with php 7

but 5.6 should work

is there a missing prerequisite on server?
                all woks fine except subscription
                Seems you have some sort of exploit on your server that doesn't work in PHP 7.1.

Please secure your site: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...ring-your-site

Wayne Luke

Comment