Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blogs quit working - To use this product the plugin system must be enabled..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djbaxter
    replied
    1. Your vBulletin version is way out of date.

2. Your PHP version is way out of date.

https://www.vbulletin.com/en/faq/

vBulletin 4 Forum Only or Suite (which includes the CMS & Blogs)

vBulletin 4.0.0 - 4.2.1 are not supported, and should not be used.

vBulletin 4.2.2 requires PHP 5.2.0+ and MySQL 4.1.0+
    vBulletin 4.2.3 requires PHP 5.4.0+ and MySQL 4.1.0+
    vBulletin 4.2.4 requires PHP 5.5.0+ and MySQL 5.0.0+
    vBulletin 4.2.5 requires PHP 5.6.0+ and MySQL 5.5.8+
    Note that versions below 4.2.5 do not support PHP 7

It is recommended that you use PHP 5.5.0 or greater, and MySQL 5.0.0 or greater.

vBulletin 4.2.4+ also supports MariaDB 5.1.5 onwards.
    vBulletin 4 requires cURL to be installed, mod_rewrite (or equivalent) is optional.
    Despite what it says there, anything below php 5.6 has been end of life for some time.

https://www.php.net/supported-versions.php

Click image for larger version  Name:	php-versions.png Views:	0 Size:	60.4 KB ID:	4420274

https://jaxenter.com/php-support-150651.html

As of December 31, 2018, PHP will no longer provide security support any 5.x versions. So, any website running an old version of PHP will no longer receive security updates for their server and website’s underlying technology.
    However, you cannot use PHP 7.x for any vBulletin version less than 4.2.5, and even with vB4.2.5 your only real option is 7.1.x (latest stable version is 7.1.31). vB4.2.5 will probably not work for PHP 7.2.x or 7.3.x.

Leave a comment:

• Blogs quit working - To use this product the plugin system must be enabled..

Blogs used to work. Nothing I have done has changed, as far as I know. But my Blogs weren't working today, when I checked. I don't know when they stopped.

versions:
    vBulletin: 4.2.2
    php: 5.3.29
    MySQL: 5.5

When I click the Blog button, I get "To use this product the plugin system must be enabled"

* I have gone to the navigator manager and it is ACTIVE
    * I have googled and found reference to removing the line in config.php, that has the "DISABLE_HOOKS". That line is already removed (or not in) the config.php file. The define('SKIP_DS_ERRORS', true); is there. I removed it, just for a test and it didn't fix the problem. So, I put it back.
    * If I try to check any of the links under vBulletin BLOG, like "Blog Catetories" or "Blog Entries" all I get is a blank white screen, in the area where that content should show.

So, why won't Blogs work now, when they used to? What else could be stopping the blogs from working.

Mike

UPDATE: I found the problem. There is a setting to
    "Enable Plugin/Hook System"

I had it set to "no". Switched it to "yes" and it started working. Don't recall ever setting it to "no". Oh well. I'll leave the post, in case others have the same issue.
    Last edited by MikeSD; Sun 18 Aug '19, 8:53pm.