Embed yandex.ru video into post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embed yandex.ru video into post

Hi, I want to embed a video into a post from yandex.ru but I cannot manage to do that
    I have read a lot on forums about this issue and tried a lot of iframe codes and nothing is working
    I already allow HTML in admincp / forums and moderators / forum manager / edit forum
    Also I dont know how to add a bbcode for yandex.ru

This is the video I want to embed https://yadi.sk/i/p9Kr5N7L1v6bzg, and I want to enbed a few more in different posts

Im running vB
    Version 4.2.4

Any help will be appreciated

You would have to create a custom BB CODE (AdminCP -> Custom BB Code -> Add New).

Something like [yandex]p9Kr5N7L1v6bzg[/yandex] with a replacement of the iframe embed they provide. Just replace the video ID with {param} in the replacement code within the AdminCP. You will need custom php code if you want visitors to just paste the entire URL and have it show up as a video.

In vBulletin 5.5.X, you should be able to simply add it to the existing BB Code for video. This would be done by adding a /core/includes/xml/bbcode_video_yandex.xml file in the proper format and rebuilding the Video BBCode in the AdminCP.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 20th Aug '19, 9:22am.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      Something like [yandex]p9Kr5N7L1v6bzg[/yandex] with a replacement of the iframe embed they provide
      Thank you very much, but yandex do not provide iframe code, they only give the URL address, this is one example https://yadi.sk/i/p9Kr5N7L1v6bzg

Comment

Then there is nothing to embed in a post.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment