Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    1. Turn on Human Verification. Either Question and Answer or use a Recaptcha 2 Addon. (settings -> human verification manager)
    2. Turn on email verification if you're not using it (settings -> options -> user registration options)
    3. Use Akismet. (settings -> options -> spam management)
    4. Install a StopForumSpam addon.
    5. Moderate New Users. (settings -> options -> user registration options)
    6. Moderate Posts from new users. Promote them to a unmoderated group after XX number of posts. (users -> user promotions)
    7. Ban known spam email address domains in your AdminCP. (settings -> options -> user banning options)
    8. Create a list of spam words and censor them. (settings -> options -> user banning options)
    9. Make sure the flood post limit is set to 30 seconds or higher. (settings -> options -> message posting and editing options)
    10. Active moderation.
    Both Recaptcha 2 and StopForumSpam are supported natively by vBulletin 5. vBulletin 5 also has a few other anti-spam features. For instance, you can prevent new users from posting links at all. This makes their spam worthless.

Leave a comment:

• webasker
    replied
    I have questions and answers. But I have still problem whit bots the still joining me forum and post over all my page. How can I block this bots. Please help.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You can also find the list of users to moderate under:

Users -> Moderate Users.
    Users -> Search For Users -> List Users Awaiting Moderation.
    Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager. Select "Show Primary Members" for the Users Awaiting Moderation Usergroup.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    It's on the main page when you enter the admincp.

Leave a comment:

• webasker
    replied
    Exactly where I canít find it.

Leave a comment:

• insidethehall
    replied
    Originally posted by webasker View Post
    I have questions and answers but I had still bot members spamming me.

What can I also so for this.

My another questions is.

I have Moderate New Members (Yes/No)

i have press yes here.

Allows you to validate new members before they are classified as registered members and are allowed to post.

but where can I accept new members.
    If are in the main control panel and logged in as an admin, there should be an area that says "Welcome to the vBulletin Admin Control Panel"

Under there, look for users to moderate.

Leave a comment:

• webasker
    started a topic Bot problems

Bot problems

I have questions and answers but I had still bot members spamming me.

What can I also so for this.

My another questions is.

I have Moderate New Members (Yes/No)

i have press yes here.

Allows you to validate new members before they are classified as registered members and are allowed to post.

but where can I accept new members.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X