Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human Verification

Good evening guys,

Im running the latest release of version 4 vbulletin 4.25 on Centos 7, mysql 5.7, PHP 7.1, on Nginx/php-fpm

I havent had a major CONTACT US spam until it blew up today going on 1 message every 5 min.

I checked the contact us form and it has human verification
    Random Question: How many states are there in USA? type 50

I went to human verification and the only option there is to check what forms to use human verification on.
    There is no place to adjust the question. I attached the image below..
    I did find the question in phrases. I attached the image below.

The only addons I have that are remotely related
    VSA advanced registeration - you can set random questions for registration only - turning product off didnt resolve.
    Glowhost anti-slam..

So I want to set a new question/answer for CONTACT US form

Attached Files

You can add new questions or modify them in the Human Verification Manager. In the left navigation. Settings -> Human Verification Manager.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

ah thx, I feel so dump. I was looking in settings - options - human verification

Comment

I recommend using at least five different questions.

Comment

Originally posted by insidethehall View Post
          I recommend using at least five different questions.
          This isn't necessary if you ask the right question. For example, I run one forum which is specifically for attorneys who work in Constitutional Law. So, if I ask a question like, "Which federal rule of procedure governs both mens rea and actus reus?", only a lawyer or an advanced law student is going to know the answer and it can't be researched on Google. The correct answer isn't in Wikipedia.

Comment

Originally posted by In Omnibus View Post

This isn't necessary if you ask the right question. For example, I run one forum which is specifically for attorneys who work in Constitutional Law. So, if I ask a question like, "Which federal rule of procedure governs both mens rea and actus reus?", only a lawyer or an advanced law student is going to know the answer and it can't be researched on Google. The correct answer isn't in Wikipedia.
            Fair point.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X