Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PM - Please try again in 2731512566 seconds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM - Please try again in 2731512566 seconds.

Have been chasing this quirk for years on a VB 4.2.x forum and never found it:

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between sending private messages. Please try again in 2731512566 seconds.

The forum was converted from YaBB and a handful of the oldest user account cannot send PM's as they get the above error.
    I can't find where in the database the "last pm" time is set

Anyone know?

I'm guessing that there is a field somewhere in the database set that saves the time of the last PM.

I've compared working and non-working accounts, specifically the USER table but can't see anything obviously different so it must be in another table.

Any clues from someone that understands the database structure please?

Comment

It would be a dateline field in the pmtext table and for some reason this one is set in the far future. Never worked with YABB but ImpEx hasn't been updated in many years so the importers will most likely be out of date. You'll need to manually update the dateline fields for all Private Messages for users with this problem.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Super Wayne to the rescue again!
        Great reply, and that's exactly where it was.

After finding the odd time stamp of 4294967295 (should have been a number a quarter of the size) I searched for more instances of it:

SELECT * FROM `pmtext`
        WHERE dateline='4294967295'
        ORDER BY fromusername

The handful of very old users all had the same (silly) timestamp that must have been introduced during the upgrade years ago.
        I then replaced them all with:

UPDATE `pmtext`
        SET dateline = REPLACE(dateline,'4294967295','1294967295')
        WHERE dateline='4294967295'
        ORDER BY fromusername

Thanks for your help in finding the table Wayne!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X