Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MD5 Hash End of Life (Authorize.net) - Problem with transactions for Paid Subscribers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] MD5 Hash End of Life (Authorize.net) - Problem with transactions for Paid Subscribers

On Jun 27th, Authorize.net phased out the MD5 based hash use for transaction response verification in favor of the SHA-512 based hash utilizing a Signature Key. As a result, my customers are getting "hashtag failed" messages even though I left that field blank. The transactions are still going through, however, many members are paying twice and sometimes three times thinking it didn't go through.

Is there a fix for this?

If I didn't need it, I would dump it, but many users can't/don't use Paypal.

Here is link on details:
    https://support.authorize.net/s/arti...ey-Replacement

Thanks so much in advance!
    Paula

vBulletin 4.2.X is no longer in development and was marked end of life with the release of 4.2.5. A third-party developer may be able to make these changes for you.

This has been updated in vBulletin 5.5.2.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Hi Wayne, I understand that it's no longer in development. I was hoping that someone might still have a fix? Can you send me to the thread for VB5 that pertains to this so I can see if I can hire someone to make the fix?

Thanks!

Edited: Just saw the link

What does this mean specifically?

The code must be updated to SHA256 hashing
      Is this something I can do somehow?
      Paula

Comment

Don't know of a topic in the forums. The issue was reported via Support Ticket. I linked to the bug report above. https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-19100
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment