Permissions for users to see other users' edit history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permissions for users to see other users' edit history

Users can see their own edit history, but not other users.

For example there is the Last edited by notice under the post. But the link to the edit history only works for the user who edited the posts. Other users just see the notice without a link.

I'm sure there is a permission for this (as admins can also get the link) but 'm scratching my head trying to find it.

Can someone please help. Thank you very much.

They need the ability to either edit their own posts or to moderate posts within that forum in order to see the history.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Well yes, they already have permissions to edit their own posts, but still cannot see other users' edit history.

Comment

Yes. They need to be moderators with the permission to edit other user's posts to see the history of posts that do not belong to them.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I don't quite understand now.

Yes I can see moderators can do that (hence why I as a moderator/admin could) but you said:

They need the ability to either edit their own posts or to moderate posts

So from that presumably ability to edit their own posts should allow them.

Comment

Your registered users will NOT be able to view the edit history of posts created by other users unless you make the moderators.

The ability to edit their own posts allows them to see the edit history of the posts they own.

Being a moderator allows them to see the edit history of posts they DO NOT OWN.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I apologise if I'm not getting this.

I asked if they can see other users' history and you said this:

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
              They need the ability to either edit their own posts or to moderate posts within that forum in order to see the history.
              So this implies that they can see others' history if they have the ability to edit their own posts doesn't it? (as in it's either that OR they are moderators)

Comment

No...

They can see their own edit history if they have permission to edit their own posts.

They can see other people's edit history if they are a moderator.

You have the source code, you can look it up yourself. You can even change it if you want.

/includes/class_postbit.php line 584:

Code:
                        $show['postedithistory'] = ($owner_edit OR can_moderate($this->thread['forumid'], 'caneditposts'));

Wayne Luke

Comment