Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removed DBSEO and VBSEO to use SEO friendly URLs but its adding /forums/ to my forum path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removed DBSEO and VBSEO to use SEO friendly URLs but its adding /forums/ to my forum path

Example is xxx//www.domain.com/myfoeumpath/forums/post-title/

I do not want to add forums/ to my forums folder and do not see where to change this?

thanks
    Chris

Neither of these were vBulletin products. Both were third party add ons. The vBSEO product has been out of business for years. dBSEO probably overwrote the vBSEO product so my best advice would be to ask dBTech how to restore or repair the URLs.

Comment

Thats why I removed them trying to use the built in friendly url's but its adding an extra /forums/

Comment

Make sure you have removed any custom .htaccess files and replaced them with the default vBulletin one.
        You can find a basic .htaccess file containing the required rules for an Apache server in htaccess sub-folder within the the Do Not Upload folder of your download package. Upload this file to your forum root.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.2 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Note - The standard vBulletin mod_rewrite URLS add /forum/ to the URL to know that it is a forum and not a blog or article or thread. Please see the .htaccess file included in do_not_upload/rewrite/apache2
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

I already have a folder for the forum, so vbulletin is actually adding the /myforum/forum

Is there a way to alter the URL structure so that instead of adding somrthing it knows its in the root folder already for the forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Ctrenks View Post
              I already have a folder for the forum, so vbulletin is actually adding the /myforum/forum

Is there a way to alter the URL structure so that instead of adding somrthing it knows its in the root folder already for the forum?
              No, this would require custom code.
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.2 Demo
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

OK, Im in a serious jackpot then, installed the forum in a directory, as I have static pages under VB still in root, and I need to remove DBSEO plugin that I used to replace VBSEO, All will work out ok if I can just change this stupid /forum/ to /.

How that path is not an editable item I dont understand.

Comment

Upgrade to vBulletin 5. You can control this then.

The /forum/ is needed by vBulletin 4 to actually know what kind of content it is dealing with.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

That is a much larger scale issue laden proposal unfortunately.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X