That worked. I had to modify it slightly:
    Code:
    DELETE FROM vb_deletionlog WHERE type = 'post' 
    DELETE FROM vb_post WHERE visible = 2
    Thanks again In Omnibus

Leave a comment:

• kgroneman
    replied
    Thanks. I'll take a look at that query and see if it will work for me. Much appreciated. - Kim

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    replied
    Originally posted by kgroneman View Post
    Well, it was worth a try. Thanks Wayne. I wonder if there is any SQL call that would do it?
    I don't know if this works and I no longer have a database where I can test it but at least one vB user said they used the following SQL query:
    DELETE FROM deletionlog WHERE type = 'post' DELETE FROM post WHERE visible = 2; I'd definitely seek a second opinion and backup your database before attempting to run this query. In fact, I'd probably run it on a backup database before attempting it on a live one.

Leave a comment:

• kgroneman
    replied
    Well, it was worth a try. Thanks Wayne. I wonder if there is any SQL call that would do it?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I don't know of a method to do this.

Leave a comment:

• kgroneman
    started a topic Prune soft-deleted posts

Prune soft-deleted posts

In the admin control panel, the THREADS & POSTS > PRUNE only gives the option to prune deleted threads. Is there a way to prine soft deleted posts but not the entire thread? I saw this post about 3.8 but it doesn't work on my 4.x system: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...sts-or-threads

Thanks in advance.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X