Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't add a banner consentiment of Quantcast (GDPR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gnrx
    replied
    Ok Wayne.
    My hundreds of lines of Adverstising are out, are deleted, this hundreds lines was are created by the proxy of monetization site (but not in the header template, for example) was created when you access to site for of by proxy site of monetization, now, I don't work with this site, now, in my header template, only I have a little lines of Adverstising code.

But yes, I go to search a developer.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I actually stated that you should put the Quantcast code in the header and move your hundreds of lines of Advertising code into external files. This is one of the reasons why we don't support code customization.

I don't know how to fix your issues. You have a code conflict somewhere and will need to use the developer tools of your browser to debug the issue or you will need to hire a web developer to fix the issue.

Leave a comment:

• gnrx
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    To solve your original issue? The only solution is to add more memory to PHP's memory limit.

Everything else I have talked about is the long term solution to your issue under vBulletin 4. If you don't have the knowledge to clear up your custom coding, you will need to hire a developer that is knowledgeable with vBulletin to do it. We cannot provide support for custom coding.
    Specifically I mean that I added, as you told me, this code in my template header but it does not work, it does not call it (or I did not know how to insert it correctly):
    Code:
    <script src="https://www.mydomain.com/foro/quantcast.js"></script>
    I add more memory, but I need a lot memory.
    All about talked about for the long term solution, I hire a developer, but at the moment, I wait to/for have money for this.

Regards.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    To solve your original issue? The only solution is to add more memory to PHP's memory limit.

Everything else I have talked about is the long term solution to your issue under vBulletin 4. If you don't have the knowledge to clear up your custom coding, you will need to hire a developer that is knowledgeable with vBulletin to do it. We cannot provide support for custom coding.

Leave a comment:

• gnrx
    replied
    Some other solution for implementation on vb 4.2?

Regards!

Leave a comment:

• gnrx
    replied
    vBulletin 5 has GDPR functionality built in. No messing about or trying to figure out where to put things so it doesn't conflict with other JavaScript.
    Thanks Wayne,
    As you have seen on my site, I have it very personalized, the theme, adons ... etc ... all of them, or most do not think they were compatible with vb 5 ...

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    vBulletin 5 has GDPR functionality built in. No messing about or trying to figure out where to put things so it doesn't conflict with other JavaScript.

Leave a comment:

• gnrx
    replied
    I can see the Quantcast banner on your site.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-05-13_9-28-27.png
Views:	61
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	4415074
    It is displayed because, until I can solve it, I inserted the code in admincp-forums-blocks and forums, in a block, that works well for me.
    If you move through the page to a site where there are no blocks, you can see that in GDPR that appears is not the same, but one by default, because I do not work the script that I added in the <header> and not solve it .
    However, I was talking about moving the existing code on your site.
    Yes, I know but first, I was want start with GDPR

Like the script tag right under <head> when you View Page Source on your site. This is 5K of inline javascript. The next script block is another 5K of code for Google Ads. And the next 10 lines of code which is another 8K of Javascript. Almost 20K of Javascript trying to manipulate a page that doesn't even exist yet because we haven't even gotten to vBulletin code to render the page.

Scroll down a little further and there is 100 lines of inline CSS. This is in itself is excessive. You have a different line of CSS for each of over 100 ad containers to hide them. Instead you should assign a common class to all of these containers and use a single line of CSS to handle the display:none.
    Its very javascript...
    For the Google Ads...I do not really have it set up for Google Ads, it's a monetization company, I have wraped code of the google ads (not added in the header template, but in different templates, like second post, first post ...) and my site goes through its proxy, since the moment I activated this, I noticed a huge slowdown.
    The theme of Google ads, I do not think I can modify it, the rest yes.

All of this code is slowing down your site. This is a slowdown, that you can never fix by tweaking the server or upgrading software. It runs on the end user's computer and if they are using an older device then the slowdown can be orders of magnitude higher.

Go to your site, right click, and choose View Page Source.
    When I go to my site and right click and view source page...ups!!! A lot code javascript....a lot!!

First, I go if I can solved the quantcast GDPR, after this, I go to try to solved all this, if I can't and or and I don't know how, I search a person for budget and that can help me.

Thanks and regards.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    However, I was talking about moving the existing code on your site.

Like the script tag right under <head> when you View Page Source on your site. This is 5K of inline javascript. The next script block is another 5K of code for Google Ads. And the next 10 lines of code which is another 8K of Javascript. Almost 20K of Javascript trying to manipulate a page that doesn't even exist yet because we haven't even gotten to vBulletin code to render the page.

Scroll down a little further and there is 100 lines of inline CSS. This is in itself is excessive. You have a different line of CSS for each of over 100 ad containers to hide them. Instead you should assign a common class to all of these containers and use a single line of CSS to handle the display:none.

All of this code is slowing down your site. This is a slowdown, that you can never fix by tweaking the server or upgrading software. It runs on the end user's computer and if they are using an older device then the slowdown can be orders of magnitude higher.

Go to your site, right click, and choose View Page Source.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I can see the Quantcast banner on your site.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-05-13_9-28-27.png
Views:	61
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	4415074

Leave a comment:

• gnrx
    replied
    In Omnibus
    Yes, also I try to insert the code:
    Code:
    In footer template, but also, the same result...

I don't know if the code of quantcast are not good for .js file.

In admincp-forums and blocks and blocks, I can add without problem like html...

Regards.

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    commented on 's reply
    Your JS script code would not ordinarily go in the header. You typically want the other elements of the page to load first. Advertising JS is usually the last thing you want to load so it should go in the footer. JS loads exactly where you place it on the page so if you load it before the container has loaded you will get white space or errors.

https://www.w3schools.com/js/js_whereto.asp

• gnrx
    replied
    Thanks Wayne.

I read the links, at the first, appears easy...

For start, I want add the code of quantcast (if work, I cotinue with others changes).

I create a .js file with the code of quantcast, upload.

In header template, I add this line:
    Code:
    But not work, not appears the banner consentiment....

I try the test https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit...tml_script_src
    Insert the url of my quantcast.js and not appears any...

If in this test I add the code of quantcast appears fine.

Like indicate, I view easy this, but not work....

Thank yoy very much Wayne!!
    Last edited by gnrx; Sat 11th May '19, 11:19am.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You would put the javascript in a file with the JS extension. Then you would link it with the script tag like this tutorial - https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_script_src.asp

You would put your custom CSS in in a file with the CSS extension. Then you would link it with the link tag like this tutorial - https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_link.asp

These are basic HTML commands you need to know if you're going to customize your site with all the different addons and external advertising that you have added. Otherwise, you'll need to pay someone by the hour to do it for you.

Leave a comment:

• gnrx
    replied
    ...It should be loaded from external files. ...
    I was think...how I can add this code in external file?
    Create the php file with the code and in the header template call to this file?

Thanks and regards!

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X