X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SilverBoy
    replied
    Thank you Mark, you gave me a brilliant tip

Now I have full support for emojis in my test forum with clear display of Arabic text phpmyadmin script.

If some one ask about how, here we go ..
    1- create new database with utf8mb4 collation.
    2- install fresh forum over the new database (I get some errors regarding field sizes I wish it will not be an issue in my primary server).
    3- in language setting set charset to UTF-8.
    4- in config file search for this line
    PHP Code:
     // $config['Mysqli']['charset'] = 'utf8'; 
    remove the slashes and change utf8 to utf8mb4.
    5- enjoy your forum with full support of emojis.

Now I need good step by step guide to convert my big forum database from latin1_swedesh collation to utf8mb4 without lose in data (the main language was Arabic with charser windows-1256).

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    You can try setting the language in the admincp to utf8mb4. I don't have a setup I can test this on though.

Leave a comment:

• SilverBoy
    replied
    I know they are different, the point here is that, I have 2 databases with the same collations and charset, so I'm confused why I can display emojis in one and can't in another!!!
    BTW, the question here, how we can let vbulletin 4 display emojis? what are the barriers!!
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• djbaxter
    replied
    WordPress is not vBulletin. Totally different software.

Leave a comment:

• SilverBoy
    replied
    Why it is not possible? I installed in the same server WordPress with the same collation and charset and emojis displays without any problem!!

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    I don't believe this is currently possible in vBulletin 4. It can be made to work to a degree in vBulletin 5 though.

Leave a comment:

• SilverBoy
    started a topic Emojis Display

Emojis Display

Hi

I created a new test forum with collation and charset utf8mb4, but when I tried to add emojis to a post I get just ???
    How I can solve this issue?

My forum version is 4.2.5.
    Thanks in advance.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X