Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 404 Not Found after Server Migration

Hi all,

I get 404 not found error in threadlist we recently had to migrate to a new server and I am not sure what's causing this error. Any hints will be highly appreciated. Also some files show up as "not recognized as part of vbulletin" in suspect files diagnostics.

Download a fresh copy of the vB4 files for your version, and upload these to the server, taking care to ensure you overwrite what is already there.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Hi Mark, thanks for your fast response. Already did all that still stuck with 404 page. Could it be error in the config file or server misconfiguration?

Comment

It will be server misconfiguration. A 404 means the file cannot be found.

Comment

Damn, that's what I thought. Thanks for your time. Any specific direction where I should look? Any hints will be life saving for our community we have been stuck in limbo for days.

Comment

BTW all 404 error pages on the source server were made to redirect to the main page - index.php but this is not the case on the destination server. Could this be causing problems?

Comment

It could be.

We can't really provide server support. Every server is different, and we're not server experts anyway.

Server issues are better handled by the host.

Comment

Thank you Mark.

Comment

Do you know a reason why user may not be able to upload attachments in social groups - after upload is finished the page goes white and doesn't return errors, redirect or do anything?

Comment

Originally posted by dmx07 View Post
                    Do you know a reason why user may not be able to upload attachments in social groups - after upload is finished the page goes white and doesn't return errors, redirect or do anything?
                    Check the channel permissions, beyond that I would suggest starting a new thread. Multiple issues in one thread gets confusing for everyone....

Comment

Thank you and apologies for raising multiple issues at once. Server migrations are nightmare haven't done one in more than ten years.

Comment

Check the full directory location address. When I migrated, the host changed the forum address correctly but I had to manually change the attachment location... ie... /home/xxxxxold/... to /home/xxxxnew/...

Comment

Thanks Rob, I will look into that right away.

My host is unable to help with the 404 error they haven't a clue how vbulletin works.

Comment

Originally posted by dmx07 View Post
                            Thanks Rob, I will look into that right away.

My host is unable to help with the 404 error they haven't a clue how vbulletin works.
                            They don't need to know how vBulletin works to understand what a 404 is.

Comment

Hey Mark, yup 404 is...well, 404 still they don't know what to do.

Now I am getting #2038 vbulletin error in files manager. I think this is related to the 404 error. What do you think? Any suggestions?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X