Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Check "Remember Me" Checkbox

Hi, All -

We've just given our site a design refresh and switched vB 4.2.5 to a new default style. One curious error seems to have crept in and I can't figure out why: It seems as though the "Remember Me" checkbox cannot be checked/unchecked by clicking on it. It just sits there, taunting me. (And not allowing our members to stay logged in long-term.)

https://forum.gateworld.net/

Multiple users have reported the error across different browsers.

Of course the checkbox worked fine on our previous style, and works if I switch to view the Default Style. The new style is modified from the vB Default Style, though the login form was not modified (only moved to a different location in the header). I've compared the form code with the default and it appears unmodified (only I've just added the "checked" attribute to check the box by default).

Evidently something in the new style is conflicting, or I managed to screw up the code but can't find the error. Any ideas?
    Last edited by DarrenS; Tue 19 Sep '17, 10:12am.

This is really something you would be better asking whoever designed your custom header. We don't know the code that was used.
    The header is certainly some way from the default header. The fact it was adapted from a default style makes no real difference.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Find this code:
      Code:
      				<div id="remember" class="remember">
      					<label for="cb_cookieuser_navbar"><input type="checkbox" name="cookieuser" value="1" id="cb_cookieuser_navbar" class="cb_cookieuser_navbar" accesskey="c" tabindex="103" checked /> Remember Me?</label>
      				</div>
      Change it to:
      Code:
      				<div id="remember" class="remember">
      					<label for="cb_cookieuser_navbar"><input type="checkbox" name="cookieuser" value="1" id="cb_cookieuser_navbar" class="cb_cookieuser_navbar" accesskey="c" tabindex="103" /> Remember Me?</label>
      				</div>
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, Luke. If I'm seeing the code right it looks as though you're suggesting that I remove the "checked" attribute from the input tag. That's what we had when the checkbox stopped working. I've only added it to ease the user's experience while trying to sort out the error.

Mark: What is unmodified is the login form code, which was copied in full from the default style and pasted where I needed the login to appear. Can you tell me if there is something else, located outside <form> ... </form>, that is needed in order to make the checkbox function correctly? or any foreign element that you know of that could cause this sort of browser behavior?

Thanks once again.

Comment

The following files are being blocked by mixed content warnings:
          http://cdn.springboardplatform.com/s...liding_unit.js
          http://yui.yahooapis.com/combo?2.9.0...nection-min.js

As such, it can prevent all Javascript from working properly. The YUI file can be fixed by telling vBulletin to load the local copy under Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options. Set Use Remote YUI to None.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment