No announcement yet.

PHP 7.x not working with 4.2.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe I am having issues after updating to vBulletin 4.2.5 due to the presence of VBSEO. I cannot simply remove it, because the structure of the site has been like that for a long time and I know I would lose a lot if just doing so.

Have you been able to solve it someway and have it run under PHP 7.x ? Or any other suggestion to stop relaying on old software (vbseo) would be very appreciated. Thank you.
    fab---

Comment

Originally posted by faquick View Post
      I believe I am having issues after updating to vBulletin 4.2.5 due to the presence of VBSEO. I cannot simply remove it, because the structure of the site has been like that for a long time and I know I would lose a lot if just doing so.

Have you been able to solve it someway and have it run under PHP 7.x ? Or any other suggestion to stop relaying on old software (vbseo) would be very appreciated. Thank you.
      vBSEO was not our product, it was produced by a third party company which ceased trading years ago.
      The code not only needs updating for php 7, it also needs all the security holes finding and patching. This is way outside the scope of our support.

My suggestions:
      1. Run php 5.6 for now so vBSEO still works
      Last edited by Mark.B; Fri 28th Dec '18, 10:58am.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Yes I know, I remember the way it ended, yet we decided to keep everything as it was, for stability sake. But now time has come that we face the need to change the situation. Thank you for your suggestion, I appreciate that you are helping even if it is something outside the scope of the official vBulletin support
        fab---

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X