vBulletin page logging in as random users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin page logging in as random users

My current homepage (ksfclan.com/forums) has started logging in random users by default and nothing I do seems to change the front homepage. All other pages seems to work besides the main page. I think the main forum.php is being cached somewhere.

vBulletin Version: 4.2.1
    Php Version: 5.4.43
    mySql Version: 5.6.32-78.1-log
    Addons: Steam connect, Stop the registration bots, vbShout, Sakera's Hide Poll Results
    Does the issue occur in a default style?: For some reason when I switch to the default style, my main template still gets loaded. I even cleared the vbulletin cache.
    Browser: Chrome
    Last edited by evolv; Sat 29th Apr '17, 4:23pm.

Sounds like your host is doing some serverside caching, speak to them.

Caching (such as Varnish for example) should not be enabled on forums.
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

My site has the same problem, forum home page is a random user everytime you enter the site

Comment

Originally posted by Streetgliderx View Post
        My site has the same problem, forum home page is a random user everytime you enter the site
        It would be caused by the same issue.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Out of interest, is anyone who is experiencing this issue hosted on HostGator?

Comment

This could be caused by Proxy as well. Especially if they don't forward the end-user IP address properly.

Wayne Luke

Comment

We also have the same problem as of Sat 4/29/17 night (or at least that's when we first noticed it). I have already deleted the server cache multiple times as well as in the VB admin panel.

I did notice there was a system generated update, which specifically included the front page. I am unable to find this template updated notification area again; I believe this is the problem.

We are running:
              vBulletin Version: vBulletin 4.2.2
              Php Version: 5.6.29
              Addons: Ban Spider by UserAgent 3.0.3, DragonByte Tech: Advanced User Tagging (Lite) 3.1.1, Fix Wierd Symbols 1, Panjo 4.2.2 (not currently active), Quick Account Switch 2.0.11, Skimlinks Plugin 4.2.2
              Browser: Chrome & Firefox

This is happening only on the front page, for everyone on our forums.

We are *NOT* on Host Gator.

This is not a server issue. This is a VB issue and I strongly suggest someone in the "behind the scenes" area please check the latest system update that updated our custom templates as I believe this will resolve the problem.

Error message received once I log in as the admin:

"vBulletin Message

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

EDIT: So if this is supposedly a "server" issue, then if we go into Settings>>Options>>Cookies and HTTP Header Options and update the following to YES:
              Add No-Cache HTTP Headers
              Selecting yes will cause vBulletin to add no-cache HTTP headers. These are very effective, so adding them may cause server load to increase due to an increase in page requests.
              Then our problem should be solved, right?
              This does not solve the problem.

Thank you.
              Last edited by aloris; Mon 1st May '17, 9:10pm.

Comment

Originally posted by aloris View Post
                We are running:
                Addons: Ban Spider by UserAgent 3.0.3, DragonByte Tech: Advanced User Tagging (Lite) 3.1.1, Fix Wierd Symbols 1, Panjo 4.2.2 (not currently active), Quick Account Switch 2.0.11, Skimlinks Plugin 4.2.2
                vBulletin 4.2.2 is not compatible with php 5.6.
                You need to upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.4.

This is not a server issue. This is a VB issue and I strongly suggest someone in the "behind the scenes" area please check the latest system update that updated our custom templates as I believe this will resolve the problem.

"vBulletin Message

That is a completely different issue to the one reported in this thread.
                You need to upgrade vBulletin to 4.2.4 - this involves uploading all the files and running the upgrade script. There is no such thing as a "system update", you need to carry out an upgrade.
                If the problem persists, you should then disable all third party add-ons, to see if the problems persist without that.
                There is no bug in vBulletin that would cause the issues you are experiencing, if there was we would have lots of customers reporting it.

In any event, please start your own thread with full details of the problem.
                MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
                AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

What is a vB issue exactly ?

What "latest system update" ?

vB 4.2.2 is something like 5 years old, and not updated by anything unless you manually do it.

Baby, I was born this way

Comment

4.2.0 Patch Level 3. is my current version. will an upgrade help this issue?

also if you google search something for my site and click a link that directs you to my page its a advertisement page for junk. however if you click again or refresh page you go to my site

Comment

We also have the same problem as of Sat 4/29/17 night (or at least that's when we first noticed it). I have already deleted the server cache multiple times as well as in the VB admin panel.

I did notice there was a system generated update, which specifically included the front page. I am unable to find this template updated notification area again; I believe this is the problem.

We are running:

This is happening only on the front page, for everyone on our forums.

We are *NOT* on Host Gator.

"vBulletin Message

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

Thank you.

mine began on 4-26 and i have had exact same issues. i am on bluehost and after contacting them they said i dont have varnish, and it wasnt a cache issue?

Comment

4.2.0 Patch Level 3. is my current version. will an upgrade help this issue?

also if you google search something for my site and click a link that directs you to my page its a advertisement page for junk. however if you click again or refresh page you go to my site
                        Your site has been hacked and you are running an old, insecure and unsupported version of vBulletin.
                        in the first instance you will need to upgrade vBulletin to 4.2.4, you will almost certainly need Tom have your host upgrade php as well as you will require php 5.6 for 4.2.4.

Then, please post your own thread with full details of your issue.

Comment

mine began on 4-26 and i have had exact same issues. i am on bluehost and after contacting them they said i dont have varnish, and it wasnt a cache issue?
                          Nothing starts happening of it's own accord. Either you changed something, or your hosts did. If it wasn't you, then you need to ask your hosts what they changed.

If you need further support, please start your own thread with full details of the issue....we can only support one person per thread, it gets too confusing and leads to incorrect advice being given or followed.

Comment

I've seen similar issues.
                            I believe it is related to their recent update to their storage platform.
                            I can't be 100% sure on the timing, but if this issue didn't arise after their platform upgrade, it was very close.

Edit: If it matters, I upgrade from 4.2.3 to 4.2.4 to see if that helped. I'm running PHP 5.6.2.9 and MySQL 5.6.32-78.1 (I think)

And I just checked some complaint posts on my forum and it appears that this issues arose on the same day as bluehost did their platform upgrade.

Last edited by dodgechargerfan; Wed 3rd May '17, 9:35am. Reason: Added some specifics

Comment

Upload the attached php file to your vBulletin directory and load it in your browser. What is the output?

Attached Files

Wayne Luke

Comment