No announcement yet.

Problem with Facebook Platform and Apple's Safari browser, too many redirects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having a similar problem, but the only thing is, I cannot even access the admin area of my forum because when I try to login as admin I am redirected to Facebook and the page does not exist. It's driving me mad. I'm on VB 4.2.2 and I want to upgrade to the latest version to attempt to fix it, but I can't even log in in order to put the forum in maintenance mode and back it up. For some reason, some members can get in but I can't and it's my forum!!!

I have tried disabling all hooks but it still doesn't work. Is there any way I can disable FB Connect by editing the code so that I can login and perform the upgrade?

I am using Google Chrome and not Safari, by the way, so it's not browser specific. All cookies and history have been cleared before attempting to login.

Comment

I believe I saw you solved this in another thread.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Originally posted by Paul M View Post
        I believe I saw you solved this in another thread.
        No. Incorrect. I asked someone who solved it how they did it. I'm still waiting for help.

Comment

Ah yes, you are right.

You should do as you mentioned, and upgrade.
          I believe that if you upload the new version files first, and clear your browser cache, you should then be able to get into the ACP to complete the upgrade.

(Note, I have no way to verify this).

The other member did some manual database edits, not really an ideal method.

(Also, I think if you can disable Javascript in your browser, you can probably stop the redirecting, since facebook is partially J/S based Try that first if you can).
          Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X