X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fatherofspeed
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    As mentioned above, download a fresh copy of the vBulletin files for your version from the members area, and upload these to the correct location on the server, taking care to overwrite what's already there.

Your footer remains missing, that could cause this and many other issues. This behaviour is either an add-on, customised or corrupt files, or style issues.

I did overwrite the existing files with fresh 4.2.3 files and the problem has persisted. This issue started when I installed the NewRecaptcha files. I then got rid of those files, but the issue didn't go away.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    As mentioned above, download a fresh copy of the vBulletin files for your version from the members area, and upload these to the correct location on the server, taking care to overwrite what's already there.

Your footer remains missing, that could cause this and many other issues. This behaviour is either an add-on, customised or corrupt files, or style issues.

Leave a comment:

• 1QuickSI
    replied
    After un-installing and removing all files has not resolved the problem, please make sure you either try a browser that you have never used before or clearing your browsers cache and cookies. Lastly you can also try re-uploading virgin VB files.

Leave a comment:

• fatherofspeed
    replied
    This issue has not been resolved. Just posting in case future searches on the subject need info.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Make sure you have removed all of the addon's files as well as uninstalling it.

Leave a comment:

• fatherofspeed
    replied
    Thank you very much for the response. I followed your instructions. However, the problem persists in the new style as well.

I had installed the New Recaptcha Verification product and began having massive login problems and the missing footer menu. I did an uninstall of the product and the problem persisted.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Please try the following:

1. To disable the plugin/hook system completely, edit includes/config.php and add the following code:
    Just below
    Code:
    <?php
    enter
    Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
    2. Now go to AdminCP > Style Manager
    and create a new style with no parent.
    Now browse your forum using this new style.

Do you still have the same problem?

Leave a comment:

• fatherofspeed
    started a topic Log in issues

My users are having lots of problems with log in. In addition, my footer menu is also gone from the template. This has been going on for a couple months now. I was hoping the the 4.2.3 patch level 2 upgrade would sort this out, but it hasn't.

When clicking the upper right log in, "user name" and "password" now need to be erased first and results in failed log in attempts every time. The log in box that appears in the center of the page after a failed log in has been working for some, but most are still not able to log in.