Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul M
    replied
    I dont believe that vb4.2 has 50% less page views than vb3.8.
    vB3 already uses ajax for the most obvious things like posting, something else must have changed as well.

What do you have as your default page in vB4 ? (if its not the forum, try changing it).

Leave a comment:

• dfe
    replied
    I understand that, just did not realise I would lose 50% adsense revenue with doing this upgrade. I regret the moment I pressed the button. Adsense has not recovered.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    There are simply less page loads in vB4 compared to vB3 due to the increased use of AJAX.

Leave a comment:

• dfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Did you change your URL structure? It will take a while to recover after that.
    URL structure not changed, directories all the same. Redirects in place, all old URL's still working. 195k URL's submitted and indexed via sitemaps. Now almost two months still no change. 50% drop in page views and in income.

I regret every bit of this upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• Videmax
    replied
    en espaņol por favor

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Did you change your URL structure? It will take a while to recover after that.

Leave a comment:

• dfe
    started a topic Pageview drop after 3.8.9 to 4.2.3 upgrade

Pageview drop after 3.8.9 to 4.2.3 upgrade

I upgraded my site at the end of May to 4.2.3, during the upgrade there was obviously a substancial drop in traffic, but it recovered quickly and is back to previous levels. I never checked pageviews though, had to do a check this week and notice there is a noticeable drop in pageviews after the upgrade.

Any ideas what could have caused that?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture32.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	4347113