Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still preparing for move and possible vb5 upgrade - image verification internal error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still preparing for move and possible vb5 upgrade - image verification internal error?

I'm still trying to work out all the kinks on my new server...one of them is emailing via php, which is obviously a configuration issue...during my testing, I discovered I can't register for an account because there's a line under registration for image verification that says "An internal error occurred: 5330F5E8F1A60.A8CC98F.EA031D99"

I guessed that was because my recaptcha keys are specific to the other domain (testing on .info, main site is on .com)...

So I disabled recaptcha and switched to a regular image verification...same error...so I tried disabling human verification in general, and it's still there.

So I've been having some very oddball things like this happen on the new site...is there something I can do to get my modified settings to stick? What could I be doing wrong? I intend to upgrade to vb5, but I want to make sure my moved vb4 is good to go first.

Oh yeah...I have the forum closed via turn vbulletin on/off...yet it doesn't show me a forum closed message...Yet if I look at whos online, I see the icon showing "viewing forum closed message"

whats up with that?

Comment

There'll be an actual error in the server logs...we need to know what that is.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

which error? php5-fpm or nginx? Because I'm not seeing anything in there.

Comment

my nginx error log is 0 bytes actually

Comment

everything else seems to work btw...email through diagnostics is sending...I'm able to post and upload attachments just fine.

Comment

so, I've figured out it's some odd combination between the /includes/datastore_cache.php file and the options row in the vb_datastore table...it appears datastore_cache.php isn't getting updated by the site...possibly a permissions issue.

datastore_cache.php is -rw-r--r-- on both servers. but I only seem to have this problem on the new server...

Editing the datastore_cache.php file manually applies the settings, the database values seem to have no effect over whats in datastore_cache.php...However, the admincp always shows the values I actually have set that are not being applied...so I dunno.

yup...permissions...I set datastore_cache.php to 777...is that what it should be?
              Last edited by EvilArcana; Tue 17 May '16, 6:16pm.

Comment

To enable vBulletin to write to the file, yes - it will need to be 777
                Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                -
                *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment