Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to bring an old mb back online with a new domain name.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to bring an old mb back online with a new domain name.

Hi, We were running vb 4.2.2, mysql versiob 5.1.70-cll, PHP Version 5.4.18. Our url is, http://www.therealjdjboard.com.

We had a mb that was put off line around 2 yrs ago. During its down time, the domain name was reg'd by someone else and we lost access to it, but the server with all the old files and database is still active. We are trying to restart the mb with a new domain name. Is it possible to bring to old mb back online with a new domain name without loosing the old posts?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Yes but you will need to do a couple of edits to the database.

In your 'setting' table, find the varname 'bburl' and change this to the new domain.

Next go to the 'datastore' table and edit the 'options' column (use the edit option rather than double clicking on the data field). There's a LOT of data in here so search for 'bburl' and then update the URL that shows immediately after this.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
    - "Quick Route" Interface...
    - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Thank you so much!! The board is working!!! I really appreciate it!

Comment

It's working, but an error is showing up with the Lost Password Recovery Form for its Image Verification. "An internal error occurred: 5308F38EFD2B8.A8C9804.CA0A5112"

Comment

What image library is set here:

AdminCP > Settings > Options > Image Settings

Do you have that library type installed within PHP if you check PHPInfo?
          Vote for:

-

Comment

Sorry for the delayed response.

The image library is: GD

I think it is installed. This is what is listed under GD in PHP info: gd

GD Support enabled
            GD Version bundled (2.1.0 compatible)
            FreeType Support enabled
            FreeType Linkage with freetype
            FreeType Version 2.3.11
            GIF Read Support enabled
            GIF Create Support enabled
            JPEG Support enabled
            libJPEG Version 6b
            PNG Support enabled
            libPNG Version 1.2.49
            WBMP Support enabled
            XPM Support enabled
            libXpm Version 30411
            XBM Support enabled
            gd.jpeg_ignore_warning 0 0
            Last edited by rosevalleykennels; Fri 22 Apr '16, 5:06pm.

Comment

Can you try re-downloading the ZIP file from the Members Area and re-upload all files (except install/install.php and includes/config.php.new) making sure you overwrite all files currently on your server.

Does this resolve the problem? If not, please fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
              Vote for:

-

Comment

I think I rather go straight to the support ticket. Thanks for all your help! We appreciate it!

Comment

Sorry for the long post....

I contacted support and they gave me steps to go through, but I'm not sure how to proceed? Here are the steps,

*************************************************************************************
                  Hello,

I would suggest going through the following troubleshooting steps:

To troubleshoot this, first download a fresh copy of the vBulletin ZIP file from the Members Area then reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all Products except the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable) AND uncheck all the plugins except those related to the vBulletin Blog and vBulletin CMS by (Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager). You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

If you have vbseo installed, you must disable this via it's own control panel AND remove any htaccess you added to your .htaccess file for it.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Set this as the site Default Style under Admin CP > Settings > Options > Style & Language Settings > Default Style. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

If you have further questions, you will need to post in the forums as your license does not give you access to ticket support.

Lynne Sands
                  vBulletin Support Staff
                  vBulletin.org Admin
                  ****************************************************************************************

I reuploaded the files, that went well. Then I ran "suspect file versions" in diagnostics, it show a lot of files that seem to be bad. Not sure what to do next with these files? I added some of them when we installed the board and everything worked fine for years. I'll mark them. But the others, like "register.php" says its not readable...
                  ./
                  index.html File not recognized as part of vBulletin **(I added this file to replace the .php 'cause we wanted our intro page and it worked fine for years)
                  index.php File not found
                  indexjdjshow.html File not recognized as part of vBulletin **(I added this file for dog show announcements. Also worked fine for years.)
                  jdjentry.html File not recognized as part of vBulletin **(I added this file for dog show announcements. Also worked fine for years.)
                  jdjshowban.html File not recognized as part of vBulletin **(I added this file for dog show announcements. Also worked fine for years.)
                  jdjshowhome old.html File not recognized as part of vBulletin **(I added this file for dog show announcements. Also worked fine for years.)
                  jdjshowhome.html File not recognized as part of vBulletin **(I added this file for dog show announcements. Also worked fine for years.)
                  register.php File not readable
                  ./admincp
                  album.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
                  backup.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
                  ./clientscript
                  vbulletin_ajax_namesugg.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin
                  vbulletin_ajax_reputation.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin
                  vbulletin_ajax_tagsugg.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin
                  vbulletin_ajax_threadslist.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin
                  vbulletin_global.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin
                  ./clientscript/yui
                  connection.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin
                  dev-readme.txt File not recognized as part of vBulletin
                  yahoo-dom-event.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin
                  ./includes
                  adminfunctions_backup.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
                  class_dm_picture.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
                  functions_wysiwyg.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin
                  Again, sorry for the long post. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Comment

Was this after you uploaded a fresh copy of the files as per both mine and Lynne's responses here and to your ticket?
                    Vote for:

-

Comment