My site is down and not sure what to do to bring it back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] My site is down and not sure what to do to bring it back

I own a hockey site that called Sudden Death Hockey Forums it being run on vB version 4.2.2 ; www.suddendeathhockeyforums.ca.

Its been offline now for about 8 hours and every time I try to call it up I get the following messages;
    Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
    Apache Server at www.suddendeathhockeyforums.ca Port 80

This webpage is not available

ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED

The webpage at http://www.suddendeathhockeyforums.ca/forums/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

I called my server host; godaddy.com and they said that the problem is not on their end.....can some please help because I have no idea what to do to bring my site back?

​thanks

Jason

and when I try to call up my site on Fire Fox I got this message;

Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Comment

See error log

Comment

This is a server issue. Your hosts need to resolve it.
        It's no good them blaming the software. The error clearly indicates a server problem.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.0 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Do you have cpanel or any other hosting control panel? you need to check your php.ini file for display_errors = off, also was your site tampered with, like the files or anything in ftp?

Comment

my site or my ftp wasn't tampered with....I'm the only one with the passwords to the control panel and my ftp

Comment

I see you are still having problems, if you can check your php.ini file for the display errors = off. also i would check the forum folders for any scripts that should not be there like in your images folders. I just had this problem myself I am still unsure how someone was able to put these files into my image folder but they did and could have deleted or tampered with the files to do whatever they wanted.

If you want I will help you try to sort the problem out and determine if its a server problem or maybe a corrupt file causing you problems.

I would start with a test html file just to see if you can display even a basic page, then go from there. Then if that displays fine download your forum files as a backup, and delete the old files and upload new to see if there's a corrupt file or something within the forum folders that's causing this.

Don't delete your database, just delete the folder with the forums and re upload them again. Then you will need to setup the /core/includes/config.php again. you could upload the new forum files, then upload your old config file to overwrite the new, so your config settings are still setup for your forums to work.
              Last edited by cjg9590; Sun 24th Jan '16, 5:50pm.

Comment

That message means php is throwing an error, and thats messing with the compressed reply being sent back to the browser.

You need to check the apache / php logs to find the actual error.
                Baby, I was born this way

Comment