Templates and Css Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Templates and Css Files

I have the header template, i have a access to it thorugh the cpAdmin > Styles & Templates > Edit Template .

then i choose the header template .
    now here the whole thing.

im kinda newbie to VBulletin.
    but im sure there is a way to seprate the HTML and Css like html file and css file.
    and even to seprate the JS files.

but i really got confused by the order of the css styles..
    There is a way that i can seprate the HTML template from the Css files? and the JS files?

and even though works on my HTML through the NOTEPAD++ and not from the CPADMIN?

No, vBulletin works using templates. Changing that would require a redesign of the entire system.

The templates are not pure html, they use some html and some css but at template level it is not pure html. HTML is what gets output onto the page.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
      No, vBulletin works using templates. Changing that would require a redesign of the entire system.

The templates are not pure html, they use some html and some css but at template level it is not pure html. HTML is what gets output onto the page.

what does it mean they use some css and some html.
      and about HTML i know it what gets output onto the page. but when i want to design it i prefer to not write the CSS STYLES

IN <style> </style> tags.. in the same page i prefer to use <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="customCss.css">

Comment

You should embed calls to custom css files in the headinclude template.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
          You should embed calls to custom css files in the headinclude template.
          So i just should add a link to the css file in the html template ?

If i put the css files in the

Public_html

Which path i need to put in the "href"?
          Last edited by Elad Israeli; Mon 28th Dec '15, 12:47am.

Comment

You need to put them somewhere within the root of the forum. Create a folder called custom_css (or whatever) and use the relative path to that.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X