Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

forum.php scripts are killing my server on occasion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark.B
    replied
    Always be suspicious of hosts that tell you this sort of thing.

Ask them to tell you exactly what the issue is, along with exact rror messages, that they believe is causing the problems.

forum.php is a core part of vB4 and is used on many thousands of sites without any issue at all. Sounds very much like they are trying to upsell you to a higher package, or get you off their platform because they think you use too many of their resources. Many hosts operate this way, they rely on people's sites being almost unused, anyone who actually gets any traffic needs to be got rid of!

Leave a comment:

• Phaedrus
    replied
    And Happy Thanksgiving folks!

Leave a comment:

• forum.php scripts are killing my server on occasion...

It doesn't happen all the time...

I have version 4.2.3, MySql version 5.6.27-log, the forum has been running on vbulletin since 2006 but lately I've had my server company shutting off access to my site when it uses too much server capacity, always logs report on the forum.php page.

This is crazy. I have about 60 regular users, not all of them are on the site all the time. Yeah, there are spiders but dang.

What the heck is going on? The mods on the forum page can't be causing it all, there just aren't that many. I can't be positive of that.

Can somebody tell me what the heck is going on?

justplainpolitics.com

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X