Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigmuz7
    replied
    I see now .. the entry was in there but without the correct URL .. appreciated as always fella .. thank you

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    It is supposed to be there. It pulls the values from the "Homepage Name" and "Homepage URL" options under Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details.

Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details in the AdminCP.

Leave a comment:

• Bigmuz7
    replied
    Should be on both sites it is a standard feature on vBulletin since 1.1.3 at least. Are the values for those options filled in correctly? Looking at the link, it appears the URL is not a proper HTTP URL. The value for the option needs to be http://www.thegadgetforum.co.uk/ not www.thegadgetforum.co.uk. The first is a proper URL link, the second is not.
    Well I cant find where this value is entered from which is why I am here ...hoping you can point me in the right direction

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Should be on both sites it is a standard feature on vBulletin since 1.1.3 at least. Are the values for those options filled in correctly? Looking at the link, it appears the URL is not a proper HTTP URL. The value for the option needs to be http://www.thegadgetforum.co.uk/ not www.thegadgetforum.co.uk. The first is a proper URL link, the second is not.

Leave a comment:

• Bigmuz7
    replied
    It is supposed to be there. It pulls the values from the "Homepage Name" and "Homepage URL" options under Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details.
    Sorry Wayne its this forum www.thegadgetforum.co.uk .. the same link doesent appear in my main forum www.pantandconstruction.co.uk

all settings are the same for both forums AFAIK and when you click on the link you get a Not Found

The requested URL /www.thegadgetforum.co.uk was not found on this server.

Last edited by Bigmuz7; Thu 22nd Oct '15, 1:17pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bigmuz7
    started a topic [Forum] VB423 .. 'forum name' link in footer

VB423 .. 'forum name' link in footer

Dont know why this has happened but in the main forum index page the footer contains a link back to the main index page beside the 'contact us' link and 'admin' link with my forums title in the link. Ive reverted to the default style and there are no mods, and I cant find what has put that link in there. I can see the code if I look at the css in my browser debug but cant see any file that contains it in the VB directories ? Id rather find out what Ive done in settings that has put it there though ? any ideas ?