vB, You're FIRED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB, You're FIRED

Third time my site has been hacked through vBulletin 4 in the last two months with the latest update and security patches installed.

vBulletin --- YOU'RE FIRED!

I have removed everything to do with vBulletin from my server and will likely never use this insecure garbage again.

Did you have any add-ons installed?

Currently I don't know any actual security leaks in the software.

Comment

Originally posted by CenturyPerf View Post
      Third time my site has been hacked through vBulletin 4 in the last two months with the latest update and security patches installed.

vBulletin --- YOU'RE FIRED!

I have removed everything to do with vBulletin from my server and will likely never use this insecure garbage again.
      Did you at least investigate the hack and report it to VB the first time?

Comment

Something's fishy. I've had vBulletin 4 licenses and and set up dozens of vB 4.x sites for others since December 2009 and none of those sites has ever been hacked due to the core vBulletin software. It's always been an add-on or a modification if anything caused problems. What's the proof it was the vB 4.x core software that was the culprit?

Comment

Most of the time (admittedly not all), when a site is hacked it's due to server and/or password security. Start there.
          Psychlinks Mental Health Support Forum
          Local Search Forum

Comment

Looking at your tickets, you had files on your server that were not part of vBulletin. Our last response was in July and you never responded back.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by CenturyPerf View Post
              ..and where is your proof that it was "hacked through vBulletin 4" ?
              Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X