X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    drkenlee

• drkenlee
    replied
    No ideas anyone? I'm going to start a new thread as this one seems to not generate any suggestions. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• drkenlee

• drkenlee
    replied
    Thanks. How do I solve or diagnose a PHP problem? The admin diagnostics do not show any errors.

Leave a comment:

• Socialvb

• Socialvb
    replied
    Php problem, not else

Leave a comment:

• drkenlee

• drkenlee
    replied
    Wow, 40 days since I first posted this problem, no ideas on what to do next. I need help, so where else can I post, call, email or tweet to get suggestions on how to solve this? No luck here, where else should I go? I'm getting complaints from the users and the usual "please be patient" is not working anymore. Any ideas, suggestions or empathy for the problem of published pages disappearing is very much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• drkenlee

• drkenlee
    replied
    Bump... still have this issue and updating PHP did not change it. Any and all suggestions welcome, I need to fix this.

Leave a comment:

• orangefive

• orangefive
    replied
    Thanks Paul M - Any ideas with the issue we are both facing??

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    Former Lead Developer
    vB.Com & vB.Org

• Paul M
    replied
    That code hasnt existed at line 507 since vB 4.2.0.

It was updated in 4.2.2 to be htmlspecialchars_uni($value) as part of the php 5.4 updates.

Specifically the whole line (514) looks like this ;

PHP Code:
    <textarea id="{$id}_editor" name="message"" . $attr . " tabindex="1">" . htmlspecialchars_uni($value) . "</textarea>\n"; 

Leave a comment:

• drkenlee

• drkenlee
    replied
    Thanks orangefive; I edited my ckeditor.php as you suggested, specifically the text below. However, as soon as I publish the page I can no longer see it or edit it. I can see and edit a page that has not yet been published. If anyone has another suggestion I will be pleased to try it. Cheers.
    ORIGINAL
    htmlspecialchars_uni($value) . "</textarea>\n";
    CHANGED IT TO
    htmlspecialchars_uni($value, ENT_COMPAT|ENT_HTML401, "ISO-8859-1") . "</textarea>\n";

Leave a comment:

• orangefive

• orangefive
    replied
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...sts-or-threads

Looking at the CKEditor site, it appears that a change in the default encoding of htmlspecialchars() (from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8) causes the editor to throw a blank box in some instances. Peachy.

I fixed it on my board by the following change to /vb/ckeditor.php

Line 507:
    htmlspecialchars($value)

Changed to

htmlspecialchars($value, ENT_COMPAT | ENT_HTML401, "ISO-8859-1")

Leave a comment:

• orangefive

• orangefive
    replied
    We are seeing the same on 4.2.3 - from what i can find out it is something to do with php 5.4 on your server and/or vb/ckeditor.php not having the right encoding. There is mention of changing line 504 but that is not in my 4.2.3 file. Ill find a link.

Leave a comment:

• drkenlee

• drkenlee
    started a topic Publishing article makes it disappear

Publishing article makes it disappear

In vBull 4.2.2 I can create a new article, edit and save it. I can see the unpublished article on the originating page. I can click the pencil icon and edit it some more. However, when I click PUBLISH and save, I get a blank page. I can see the published article on the originating page, but if I click on it or on read "more" I get a blank page. I cannot edit it, I cannot even see it. I have not found any way to restore the page; I can only delete it.

Repairing and optimizing the tables did not work. Upgrading to vBull 4.2.3 did not work. Changing the style did not work. What else should I try? Thank you for any suggestions you may have.
    -Ken