User Profiles question/confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Profiles question/confusion

I'm a little confused on the wording in the profile manager section. I have several profile fields that I require users to fill out during registration - only.

The instructions in the control panel are the following:

Yes, at registration and profile updating - User will be required to complete this field at registration and when updating their profile.
    +++++++++++

So I am correct in assuming that this needs to be filled out when the person signs up, and if I add this as a new field he will have to fill this out before using the forum even though he signed up years ago. Right?

Yes, always - User will be required to complete this field at registration. Enabling this setting will force all users to complete it before they can continue using your forum. This applies only if the field is shown on the "Edit Your Details" page.
    ++++++++++++

This is only at registration - and that's it, right? After registering and this is filled out, they can use the forum. If I add a field with this setting, and an oldtimer logs in does he have to fill this out or can he continue using the forum without bothering with it.

What I'm getting at is that the term "always" is a bit confusing. If they can choose not to fill out the field after being registered for some time, then it's not "always".

If I want this field to be filled out during registration, I pick the first one - correct? Or is it the second one?
    Last edited by Bryanb; Tue 14th Jul '15, 2:01am.
    ~ Master of my own Domain ~

Hoping someone could answer this. Any comments?
    ~ Master of my own Domain ~

Comment

If you want to make sure everybody fills out the field - new users at registration and old users before they may continue to use the forums - then you select Yes, Always.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X