three letter word search problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• three letter word search problem

It is imperative that three letter word searches are allowed on my forum. However, it is not working as it should. When I do a three letter word search, no results are returned.

I have double checked that they are set as the minimum length via the admin panel and our host server has verified that the minimum is set at 3 in MySQL.

Anyone have any idea why they are still not working? Again, this is imperative that they work on my forum due to a large number of companies in reference are using 3 letter names.

After changing the value in the MySQL configuration, all full-text search indexes on any tables must be dropped, the MySQL Server restarted and then the indexes added to the tables again.

After that, within vBulletin, you must adjust the value for Search Index Maximum Word Length from 4 to 3 and rebuild the entire search index in the database.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Is the MySQL part to be done on the server level?

Comment

yes.

You must update the value in the MySQL Configuration, drop every fulltext index in every database, restart the server and re-add the fulltext indexes on every table that had them previously across the entire server.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks, I'll pass this along to them.

Comment

They have done what you suggested and the 3 word search now works as should.

Thank you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X