Addition of new domain name problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addition of new domain name problems

I've added another domain name as we have changed the name of the forum. We still have the old domain name as well.

Since it's been about 4 days since it went up, it should have fully propogated by now. However, the issues that we are having are:

After logging in, when going from page to page, we get kicked out and need to login again. Al;so when I attempt to go to the admin panel, it kicks me back to the admincp login window.

Any idea as to what would be causing this?

Everything still works fine when using the old domain name. The problems only occur when using the new one.

Thanks in advance foer any and all assistance.

Just offering a simple tool to take some of the guesswork out: DNS Propagation Checker

Comment

I think the only way to make multiple domains work is to set up to redirect to a single domain (the one you use in the vbulletin forum url setting).

eta: here's a thread (from a long time ago, but I think it should still work) where someone asked about that. The code in post 2 goes in a .htaccess file: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-using-rewrite
      Last edited by kh99; Thu 9th Jul '15, 3:27am.

Comment

Originally posted by tony diaz View Post
        After logging in, when going from page to page, we get kicked out and need to login again. Al;so when I attempt to go to the admin panel, it kicks me back to the admincp login window.

Any idea as to what would be causing this?

Everything still works fine when using the old domain name. The problems only occur when using the new one.

Thanks in advance foer any and all assistance.
        The domain you're using doesn't match the domain in the settings. However this shouldn't affect the AdminCP. Put your forums into debug mode and then log into the admincp.
        http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/d...rsion=40203500

Then go to Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details and update the Site URL. vBulletin will only work properly with one domain so any additional ones should be redirected to it via DNS or the web server.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I appreciate all of the responses and the speed of which they were made. Thank You All!

Comment