X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• concepts
    replied
    Originally posted by kh99 View Post
    If you edit the forum tab in the Navigation Manager, is the Identity 'vbtab_forum'? Is there anything in the "Tab Script(s)" setting?

I'm not sure what you were saying above. Do you have any mods that affect the tabs or links? You could try temporarily disabling hooks and see if you still have the problem.

Edit: oh, I guess you got that figured out just before I posted.
    Thanks Kh!!! I figured it out, it was mosty a big deal due to a mod I needed added there, fortunately this issue led to me a few other creatively insightful ideas , I did also get the issue fixed. Now I can finally open my site!!! DDDD Spent hours on hours getting it "Official". Thanks everyone!

Leave a comment:

• kh99
    replied
    If you edit the forum tab in the Navigation Manager, is the Identity 'vbtab_forum'? Is there anything in the "Tab Script(s)" setting?

I'm not sure what you were saying above. Do you have any mods that affect the tabs or links? You could try temporarily disabling hooks and see if you still have the problem.

Edit: oh, I guess you got that figured out just before I posted.
    Last edited by kh99; Sun 26 Apr '15, 11:10am.

Leave a comment:

• concepts
    replied
    okay, adding 'index' to tab scripts, solved the selected problem. Just cannot see FAQ, QUICK LINKS, etc...

Leave a comment:

• concepts
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    Looking at your image, I can you why they aren't showing - they show for the selected tabs and none of your tabs are selected. Is that a custom page or are you on the default forum page?

oh wow... now that you bring that up, there goes another issue. The tab is not being selected for the forumhome, however it goes directly to the forumhome page. If I click on the blog page, it stays selected, and I can see the sublinks... but if I click on the forumhome it does not stay selected, however it goes to the forumhome. I am not sure what needs to be done. Even on creating a new default style the issue remains. the blog tabs stays selected, as well as my media tab, just not the acitivity or forum tab

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Looking at your image, I can you why they aren't showing - they show for the selected tabs and none of your tabs are selected. Is that a custom page or are you on the default forum page?

Leave a comment:

• concepts
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    Do they show on a totally default style?

To create a default style, create a new style with no parent:
    • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
    • Parent Style: No Parent Style
    • Title: Default vBulletin
    • Allow User Selection: Yes
    • Save

Set this as the default in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Styles & Languages > Set Default Style. Then go to Maintenance > Clear System Cache. Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

And thank you for responding Lynne.

Leave a comment:

• concepts
    replied
    Yes, additionally, if I personally add a sublink for the forumhome, it doesn't show. If I have a mod that is supposed to add a link to the quick nav, it doesn't show..

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Do they show on a totally default style?

To create a default style, create a new style with no parent:
    • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
    • Parent Style: No Parent Style
    • Title: Default vBulletin
    • Allow User Selection: Yes
    • Save

Set this as the default in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Styles & Languages > Set Default Style. Then go to Maintenance > Clear System Cache. Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

Leave a comment:

• concepts
    replied
    To add, I have attempted to add links here as well via the Navigation Manager, they do not show.... Any mods that would typically add a link to the subnav on the forumhome does not appear there either. Am I missing code or a template? Calender, etc... nothing shows. If I "MOVE" a link to let's say, the blog tab from the forum home tab via the navigation manager.. that link shows under the blog page but not under the forumhome.... What is missing?

Leave a comment:

• concepts
    started a topic Installed 4.2.3 Subnav links are M.I.A - Please assist

Installed 4.2.3 Subnav links are M.I.A - Please assist

Subnav links are not showing at all. The only link showing in the area is 'advanced search'... I checked the stylevars, units are in place. I tested this by uploading additional styles, subnav links still do not show. Please let me know what needs to be done to get the subnav links showing as it is a very dependent part of my website.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X