Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Archive Forum?

Hi,

I manage a large VB forum (version 4.22) with about 1 million posts. I'll like to arvhive old inactve posts, but make the archived posts accessible via sphinx and from search engines. What is the best way to go about this?

Originally posted by Big-K View Post
    Hi,

I manage a large VB forum (version 4.22) with about 1 million posts. I'll like to arvhive old inactve posts, but make the archived posts accessible via sphinx and from search engines. What is the best way to go about this?
    There is no way to do this in the default software. vBulletin has no archiving functionality. The posts are either in the database, or they aren't.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

There is no way to do this in the default software. vBulletin has no archiving functionality. The posts are either in the database, or they aren't.
      I saw a post here from years ago which shows a way to keep inactive posts indexed within the database. Can this idea still work?

move old, inactive posts to post_X tables, then create a MySQL Merge table against all of those post_X tables called post_archived. It's indexed by our Sphinx search so it's searchable and all threads are viewable (but read only)

Comment

I have no idea, it was posted by a customer so has not been verified or tested.
        As our support staff have mentioned in that thread, there is no supported way to do this in the default product.
        For starters you'd need Sphinx search installed on your server and have your vBulletin forum using it - if you haven't got that then the suggestion posted isn't going to work anyway.

Unless you are experienced in database handling and manipulation, and are familiar with the vBulletin code base, I would not recommend attempting anything like that.
        Certainly if you do, and you mess up your database, the ONLY support we will be able to give is "restore from backup".
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X