Please vote on this ticket for a mobile style image uploader for 4.x.x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please vote on this ticket for a mobile style image uploader for 4.x.x

In this day and age, people should be able to upload an image from their smartphone via the vBulletin mobile style (4.x.x). People shy away from downloading apps like tapatalk etc. and should have this option by default. Please vote for this issue to be fixed by visiting this link http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-16089

If this issue is resolved, it would be a win win for vBulletin. Fewer people would leave for other forum software and mobile users would participate more frequently in vBulletin forums.

Thanks!!!

Sorry, but the reality of this is that vbulletin 4 is no longer in active development. A few items that are simple and quick have been fixed in 4.2.3 betas, but something like this that requires more significant development time just isnt going to be looked at.
    Baby, I was born this way

Comment

Try asking over at vb.org

Comment

If this fix is not made (like it should have done at inception) vbulletin will lose members. In active development or not, there needs to be a native option for image uploads in vb 4. Vb 4 and vb5 are 2 separate products and not everyone wants vb5.

Vb's competition is facebook. Can you upload images from a smartphone to facebook? Yes.

Comment

As Paul said, there is no active feature development for vB4 so it isn't going to happen, sorry.

Would be worth raising it as a feature request for vBulletin 5.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Are you saying its not an option in vb5?

Comment

You should be able to use the normal file upload tools in vB5 on a mobile device.

Comment

Correct but you lose all the addons available with 4.2.3. I understand coming up with 5 and moving forward but if vb4 had mobile attachments, it would be the king of the hill and ultimately affect the bottom line for the better. My opinion.
                Last edited by shootingtime; Mon 28th Dec '15, 7:12am.

Comment

Just tried uploading a photo from my iPhone 6 on this thread and I couldn't. File size too large. I don't understand how this issue isn't a priority. Please realize that this needs to be fixed with 4.x and 5.x. Ultimately, people can choose a different forum software to use. It's vbulletins loss if action is not taken.

Comment

Originally posted by shootingtime View Post
                    Just tried uploading a photo from my iPhone 6 on this thread and I couldn't. File size too large. I don't understand how this issue isn't a priority. Please realize that this needs to be fixed with 4.x and 5.x. Ultimately, people can choose a different forum software to use. It's vbulletins loss if action is not taken.
                    File size too large means the image is too large for the forum's attachment settings...nothing to do with the phone.

Again, to be clear - vBulletin 4 is not under active development, nothing like this is going to be implemented in vB4, at all.
                    vB5 it is not needed as you can upload from the normal style. There is no mobile style on vB5, it is a responsive style.

Comment

It has to be realized that operations must be simple. A user must be able to upload directly from a mobile style without any hurdles.

Comment

So Mark, let's say I represent the average forum user who uses an iPhone 6. I can not upload an image from my phone to the forum via the mobile attachment feature in vb5. You don't see this as a problem? Vb5 can't resize on the backend to resolve this?

Comment

I know vb4 is no longer under development, but I believe a 3rd party software "Topify" has a solution to this. I don't think paying customers should have to pay extra to another company for this feature.

Comment

So Mark, let's say I represent the average forum user who uses an iPhone 6. I can not upload an image from my phone to the forum via the mobile attachment feature in vb5. You don't see this as a problem? Vb5 can't resize on the backend to resolve this?
                            If the image is too large then you should increase the forum limits in the admincp. Phones create images that are probably too large for your settings.

Comment

I know vb4 is no longer under development, but I believe a 3rd party software "Topify" has a solution to this. I don't think paying customers should have to pay extra to another company for this feature.
                              We are not developing vB4 any further in terms of features. That isn't going to change, I am sorry.

Comment