X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by scylla22 View Post
    This should be turned into a toggle setting within the admincp, so that when we upgrade, we won't have to repeat this step.

Edit, nvm, neither of those solutions works on 4.2.5
    All development on vB4 has ended, so there's will be no changes. Anything new would go into vB5 now.

Leave a comment:

• scylla22
    replied
    This should be turned into a toggle setting within the admincp, so that when we upgrade, we won't have to repeat this step.

Edit, nvm, neither of those solutions works on 4.2.5
    Last edited by scylla22; Sat 23 Dec '17, 1:24pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Same issue as the previous ones. It will be resolved by commenting out the line previously mentioned in this thread. it is in class_core.php

Code:
    error_log("VB PHP Error: $errstr in $errfile on line $errline");
    Or apply my fix above.

Leave a comment:

• RobAC
    replied
    I just upgraded to 4.2.3 Beta 4 and my error logs are filling extremely fast with the following:

[19-Apr-2015 09:04:55 America/New_York] VB PHP Error: Undefined index: install in /home/public_html/forums/includes/class_bitfield_builder.php on line 420
    [19-Apr-2015 09:04:55 America/New_York] VB PHP Error: Undefined index: default in /home/public_html/forums/includes/class_bitfield_builder.php on line 424
    [19-Apr-2015 09:04:55 America/New_York] VB PHP Error: Undefined index: intperm in /home//public_html/forums/includes/class_bitfield_builder.php on line 416
    [19-Apr-2015 09:04:55 America/New_York] VB PHP Error: Undefined index: install in /home/public_html/forums/includes/class_bitfield_builder.php on line 420
    [19-Apr-2015 09:04:55 America/New_York] VB PHP Error: Undefined index: default in /home//public_html/forums/includes/class_bitfield_builder.php on line 424
    [19-Apr-2015 09:04:55 America/New_York] VB PHP Error: Undefined index: intperm in /home/public_html/forums/includes/class_bitfield_builder.php on line 416
    [19-Apr-2015 09:04:55 America/New_York] VB PHP Error: Undefined index: default in /home/public_html/forums/includes/class_bitfield_builder.php on line 424

Those lines are the following:
    PHP Code:
    if ($bit['intperm'])
                    {

$tempdata["$bit[name]"]['intperm'] = $bit['intperm'];
                    }
                    if (
    $bit['install'])
                    {

$tempdata["$bit[name]"]['install'] = explode(','$bit['install']);
                    }
                    if (
    $bit['default'])
                    {

$tempdata["$bit[name]"]['default'] = true;
                    } 

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Of course you will have a few issues, there isnt any forum software that has 0 issues.
    In this case you can avoid large log files in a number of different ways, such as turning off php logging, or commenting out the mentioned line.

In Beta 5 the extra logging wont be active by default, you will have to turn it on.
    Just to clarify one other point, this has no visible effect, nor can it cause database errors - its purely extra logging (mostly notices) to the php log file.

Leave a comment:

• bosss
    replied
    Thanks ... but good software like vbulletin should not have real issues...

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Commenting out that line would keep the lines from being reported.

A better fix would be:
    Code:
    if ($vbulletin->debug) { error_log("VB PHP Error: $errstr in $errfile on line $errline");  }
    Then you can see the issues in debug mode to track down real issues.

Leave a comment:

• kh99
    replied
    If I were you I would not waste my time fixing the code. It's not necessary, and if you do, when the next version (or beta) is released you'll have a problem keeping your changes. Just comment out line 5711 in class_core.php, the line bosss posted above, as suggested by Paul M in the issue comments: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-16079
    Last edited by kh99; Tue 31 Mar '15, 9:53am.

Leave a comment:

• kemraj
    replied
    Originally posted by ZeroHour View Post
    I just patched the code myself, took about 60 minutes to go through and fix the errors.
    What did you do to patch the code to fix the errors, can you explain it to us maybe you will be even be doing the vbulletin developers work for them.

Leave a comment:

• ZeroHour
    replied
    I just patched the code myself, took about 60 minutes to go through and fix the errors.

Leave a comment:

• Chris-777
    replied
    Chiming in - also having this issue. error_log is gigantic and constantly growing for me.

Leave a comment:

• bosss
    replied
    Is it this line what we must comment out in class_core.php file ?

PHP Code:
    error_log("VB PHP Error: $errstr in $errfile on line $errline"); 
    After that we can enable in php.ini - error log =ON ?

regards

bosss

Leave a comment:

• bosss
    replied
    Thanks for response Mark. B and i hope that i can fix myself. Should be fine to now content of this line because i use some Paul's mod (IP proxy) what need some changes in class_core.php and sure my lines are not the same what developers wrote.

regards

bosss

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by bosss View Post
    I see that developers made some reports but do not understand what we must do? Comment out some line in class_core.php file? For now i disabled in php.ini error log.

regards
    bosss
    Yes, there's a line in /includes/class_core.php that can be commented out. You just add '//' (without quotes) to the front of the line.

If you need help with it, raise a support ticket for my attention with ftp details, and I'lll make the change for you.

Leave a comment:

• bosss
    replied
    I see that developers made some reports but do not understand what we must do? Comment out some line in class_core.php file? For now i disabled in php.ini error log.

regards
    bosss

Leave a comment: