X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul M
    replied
    Originally posted by mrmckoy View Post
    Who are you to say what most people do or do not use.
    Someone with a considerable amount of experience across many many forums, over 15 years.

I'm tiring of that.
    Lol, spoken by a truely tiresome person.

I expect the defect to be fixed. If you cannot, refund the money or take the feature out of the product before you sell another copy.
    You can expect all you want, not going to happen tho.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    This is the vBulletin Support Forums, please keep your posts civil or they will be removed.

There is no development on vBulletin 4 at this time. The software is not guaranteed to be bug free, no software is. This is a minor bug and at this time it is not possible to rectify it. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any further concerns, please raise a support ticket with "For the attention of the Customer Support manager" in the title, detailing your concerns. The support team cannot provide any additional responses on this matter.

Leave a comment:

• mrmckoy
    replied
    Oh yea... its not a feature request. Its a defect. And to talk about immediately. The defect is many years old.

As a customer i expect defects to be fixed but of course that's an outlandish expectation around these parts.

Kinda like the mobile app... Who am i to ask a product work as advertised. Im just the insignificant customer that bought a product. I should just shut, deal with inoperable tech, and smile.

But no worries. There will be arbitration for this. Clearly vBulletin cant keep promises or live up to to their own stated standards without help from an outside authority.

Continue to lick boots dude. I want my money back. This is garbage.

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    commented on 's reply
    The original JIRA entry from January 2014 has ONE vote. That is the statistic. That would make use of the feature "somewhat obscure." Ad hominem is at least unhelpful and at most insulting to someone who cares as much about the vBulletin 4.x product as does anyone. There are, literally, hundreds of issues at least one vBulletin 4.x customer considers important enough to have started or voted on in JIRA in addition to this issue. Every customer would like their issue(s) resolved immediately. Your demands and expectations aren't special. Speaking of arrogance.

• mrmckoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul M View Post

What you mean is a somewhat obscure bit of tagging that most people do not use, and hence care about.
    Hardly a reason not to upgrade, and in fact your logic makes no sense at all, its not a new bug, its equally broken in older versions.
    Who are you to say what most people do or do not use. Where are your stats? Where are your references? Oh wait... your just making generalizations as usual with nothing more then your ego as a justification. I'm tiring of that.

I paid for a product. That product does not work as advertised and I expect the defect to be fixed. If you cannot, refund the money or take the feature out of the product before you sell another copy.

What kind of software company is this? Jesus...the arrogance...

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Don't upgrade to 4.2.3. certain ways of Tagging are broke among other defects and vBulletin will not fix the defects. They published a final version even though they were aware of this problem.
    What you mean is a somewhat obscure bit of tagging that most people do not use, and hence care about.
    Hardly a reason not to upgrade, and in fact your logic makes no sense at all, its not a new bug, its equally broken in older versions.

Leave a comment:

• mrmckoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    To be able to comment at all I'm going to need the Jira.
    This is the original defect reported in January 2014. http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-15929
    This is the one I reported a few months ago. http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-16105

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    To be able to comment at all I'm going to need the Jira.

Leave a comment:

• mrmckoy
    replied
    The original jira was made 1 year and half ago. Maybe older... The issue with tagging keeps new posts from being made.

Leave a comment:

• mrmckoy
    replied
    There is yet paul said there would be no attempts to fox it. My thread on it was deleted.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Don't upgrade to 4.2.3. certain ways of Tagging are broke among other defects and vBulletin will not fix the defects. They published a final version even though they were aware of this problem.
    Is there a tracker entry for this issue please?

Leave a comment:

• mrmckoy
    replied
    Originally posted by stuarttunstall View Post
    Quick question... I am due to upgrade my 4.2.2 forum to 4.2.3 next week...

I believe that 4.2.3 needs a later version of PHP, current specification is

PHP 5.3.28
    MySql 5.5.42-cll

Do I need to update these before I upgrade to 4.2.3 or after?

What would you recommend I upgrade to?

Thanks

Stuart

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    It's a full upgrade...you need to upload ALL the files, and then run the upgrade script, as with all vBulletin upgrades.

Leave a comment:

• Rory2000
    replied
    Hi.

hen i go to download the update.. i seem to get the full version files (complete package to download) and not just the change files from 4.2.2 to 4.2.3 ... Am i missing something here ??

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Caused by the custom redirect meaning the software doesn't find the admincp is where it thinks it is.

Leave a comment: