Database error after upgradng MySQL and PHP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database error after upgradng MySQL and PHP

I'm getting database errors after upgrading PHP to 5.5.21 and MySQL to 5.5.40. I was running 4.1.2 at the time but have since uploaded 4.2.2 files attempting to do a vB upgrade but same error when I try to run upgrade.php

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_init() in /home/.../public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1348

Any ideas?

If you're running php 5.5, you should upgrade to vBulletin 4.2.3 Beta.

vB4.2.2 is not fully compatible with php 5.5.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.1 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I got it fixed, somewhat. I had to enable mysqli in PHP then I was able to upgrade vB to 4.2.2 and the sites came up.

However, I'm now getting an occasional error message - "Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_block.php on line 442".

Is vB 4.2.3 Beta supported?

Comment

You will get support on here, it is your only choice if you don't want to downgrade your PHP to 5.4, although beta, it's been around for a while now and loads of people are running it with no problems, there are also some bug fixes from 4.2.2. As always make a full back up so you can revert to 4.2.2 if a major issue does occur.

Comment

Basically you have two choices:

1. Upgrade vB to 4.2.3.
          2. Downgrade php to 5.4

4.2.2 won't work properly with php 5.5.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.1 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

• NRJ
            NRJ commented
            Editing a comment
            Trying to upgrade 4.2.3 with php 5.4 or 5.5 but both gives the same error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_init() in /home/xxxxx/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1348

• Paul M
            Paul M commented
            Editing a comment
            Please re-post this as a post, not a comment, it took me a while to figure out why this thread re-appeared, others will probably be confused as well.

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
          4.2.2 won't work properly with php 5.5.
          I guess I misunderstood the statement "vBulletin 4.0.0 - 4.2.2 requires PHP 5.2.0 or greater," to mean that PHP 5.5 was within the range. What (major) issues can I expect if I stick with 4.2.2 at least until 4.2.3 comes out of Beta?

Is there an ETA on when 4.2.3 will come out of Beta?
          Last edited by juggler; Sun 1st Feb '15, 11:52am.

Comment